“A second home, more than a hotel”

La Storia Ruby Hotel
Ranked #23 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The La Storia Ruby, recently renamed from the Hanoi Elegance Ruby, is the most comfortable hotel stay of our lives, and we have traveled in 40 countries over 40 years. Our hosts, Jasmine, Jack, and Bella are friends now, as are their staff, including Linh, Andy, and Thong. Everything works. The rooms are well appointed, immaculate, and well laid out. Not obsequious but solicitous of all our needs, our hosts make our stay pleasant at all stages. Talking with them is fun and easy. The breakfasts are as abundant as you wish, and the pho (noodle soup) is to die for. Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk is like chocolate, a dessert as much as a pick-me-up. The hotel's location is great, in the old quarter of Ha Noi, where interesting little shops, cafes, and restaurants abound. Yes, you'll hear some sounds of street life and you'll have the regenerating experience of maneuvering through boundless motorbike and car traffic - which is very civil; it's all part of exuberant life here. The La Storia Ruby is close to Hoan Kiem lake, a fine park where everything is happening, from Vietnamese and visitors enjoying shade, flowers, exercise of all sorts, a temple, and water puppets. We will miss our hosts and the life of Ha Noi all dearly when we leave tonight. In fact, last night as we returned to Ha Noi from Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, thinking of all we experienced in Viet Nam and our time here from our base here in La Storia Ruby, we mulled over the idea of forgetting about going home and doing it all over again.

Room Tip: Room 405 is elegant, and the managers offered it to us as a free upgrade when it wasn't booked.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vince35nations

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, I got very sick in Hanoi and had to spend a day in the hospital. When I was released, I decided to stay at La Storia Ruby and was not disappointed. The staff were extremely warm and professional. Once they learned of my condition they went above and beyond for me. I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality and helping me feel better. My room was clean, spacious, and comfy for sure, but the staff will make the experience for you. Can highly recommend, and if I ever end up back in Hanoi there is definitely where I'll be staying.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason N
Reviewed 25 June 2017

From the moment I stepped through the front door on my check in day the first thing I noticed was how friendly the staff were, Isabella the young lady at the front desk sat down with me and talked about Ha noi and it's surroundings and pointed out bars, restaurants and places to see and also took the time to talk to me about my trip so far.
At the time of my stay the hotel was going through a change of management and a change of name (now La Storia)so there were a couple of little hiccups but nothing major that made my stay there in anyway bad!!
Isabella, Jasmine and Jack took care of everything for me by booking transport (bikes/taxi's/airport transfer/train & plane tickets) tours, and further accommodation with them throughout my stay in Ha noi which aloud me to relax and just enjoy my holiday without having to worry about anything.
Overall the hotel was clean and welcoming the rooms are very comfortable and spacious, and I will be staying there everytime im in Ha noi in the future, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th & 8th floors however all Floors are quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Scotty Dre S
Reviewed 17 June 2017

If your taxi drops you off near a narrow alleyway, don't worry you're in the right place. You step out the front door of this hotel and you're right in the mix of it. The location is just perfect. The hotel itself is quiet, modern and clean. It also has the best staff I met during the 4 weeks that I stayed in Vietnam. Alex and the staff, Sy Tran, Michael, Sarah and Wendy, are just the most genuinely friendly people who made my stay in Hanoi truly memorable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here mid June 2017 and can honestly say it was a lovely experience. The hotel staff (especially Jasmine, Jack, Bella, Andy, Linh, ok maybe all of them)were very welcoming, service was their number 1 priority, and the facilities were clean. For the money, you can't go wrong. Breakfast was fantastic especially for such a small hotel. Location was right in the heart of old quarter. Anything you need to make your stay pleasurable, the staff will make sure that happens. I went to Halong bay and Ninh Binh and found the trips enjoyable which were booked by them. When in Hanoi, I don't see myself staying anywhere else!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo