“Galaxy Cruise Halong Bay”
Review of Halong Bay

Ranked #4 of 56 things to do in Halong Bay
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I had wanted to take a trip to Halong Bay for a very long time, we decided to have this at the end of our holiday so we could relax after visiting Thailand and Cambodia.

The drive from Hanoi takes about 4 hours including a stop, but it is a good way to see the smaller towns and countryside on the ways. We did a 2-day 1-night trip to Halong Bay, organised by the Rising Dragon Hotel. This was not the junk we were supposed to be on but we had an excellent trip. We paid £120 for my husband and I. Also included in the trip was an excursion to the Surprise cave and fishing village, kayaking, fishing, swimming and teaching us how to make spring rolls. Our English-speaking guide was Victori and he accompanied us from the hotel and throughout the trip. The boat was clean and modern with sun lounger on the top deck; the staff were friendly and attentive.

The meals were delicious and huge with course after course.
I could defiantly recommend this cruise company. The trip was everything I had imagined and more, fantastic scenery, and the chance to meet people from different countries and walks of life. Defiantly one of the best trips I have ever been on.

5  Thank HalifaxGaz
in 106 reviews
"surprise cave"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We booked a tour of 2 days 1 night to Halong Bay with halongsapa tours com. and it was the highlight of our tour in Vietnam. Ms. Cham and her husband Mr. Tien the owners of this travel agency offer various types of tours in very competitive prices to the bay. We took their advice to spend the night on the boat and it was wonderful.
We were on the Clypso junk and we had a cabin with a very large window. We could lie in bed and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the bay - the limestone hills and the calm emerald sea - through the window.
The food on the junk was excellent and the dishes were served in an artistic way.
The cruise package includes four hours on shuttle bus from and back to Hanoi, caving, a visit to a fishing village and kayaking in beautiful lagoons. We highly recommend to spend the night on the boat; enjoy the sunset on the upper deck while the boat is sailing silently between the limestone rocks and wake up in the morning in the middle of the breathtaking scenery of Halong Bay.
Unfortunately, there is no place in the TripAdvisor to write a review about travel agents, because traveling with a good-professional agency like Halongsapa tour (we booked 4 tours with them) makes all the difference!

10  Thank Irit832
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We took the 2D 1N with Paradise Luxury cruise which is indeed very luxurious.
We went on the new year's eve, hence there was a party on the deck at midnight. I can't
recommend this cruise enough! It is luxurious, very clean, room is big enough, toilet is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. We also went to the Sung Sot cave which frankly, it is just OK. Food is great, breakfast selection is plenty. Weather in Dec/Jan is cool which is very lovely! I love it and I'm sure you will love it too.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We dealt with a very delightful woman from Halongsapa Tours, her name is Cham, and her equally pleasant husband just as some reviewer on Tripdadvisor said. She took care of our travels in Vietnam.
The morning we woke up for the bus trip to Halong Bay from Hanoi, we found with disappointment that a typhoon (same as a hurricane) that was heading towards Hainan and North Vietnam from South China sea. A couple at our hotel said that their tour to Halong Bay was cancelled due to the storm so we thought our trip would be cancelled too. So we thought that our trip would be ruined by the weather, but the luck was on our side.
While we were being worried, we received a call from Cham (she gave us a cell phone in case of emergency), she said that the risk of the storm coming into Halong Bay was only a 50% chance and she would give us a full refund including free lunch and transportation cost if the trip was cancelled. We were still not so sure but we were still going because that’s the reason why we went to Vietnam. Four hours on shuttle bus was no fun and we did not feel relieved until we arrived the port and got on the boat.
To our surprise, the weather actually was beautiful and the sea was calm. My family and I stayed overnight on the Indochina Sails Premium, this boat has very nice handiwork on the wall by Vietnamese craftsmen and very elegant overall interior design. Our cabin has a private balcony so we had full privacy relaxing and enjoying Halong Bay. After a delicious lunch, we started to visit caves, did kayaking and visited the Titop Island. Lying on the sundeck, we had a great view of the mountains on the sea and took a lot of pictures.
Halong Bay is absolutely fantastic if you enjoy fishing too. My brothers and dad were really excited about the night squid fishing even although they didn’t catch any of them! For my mom and me, we were awed by the little boats selling fruit that we saw when we were sailing off the shore. The dinner was apparently a seafood feast! We enjoyed both the Vietnamese and international cuisines. They presented the dishes quite artistically and very delicious too. The staff welcomed us and always smiled to us while offering help during the dinner.
When visiting the “Amazing” Cave, we met a couple from Australia and a family from Canada and learned that their trips in Vietnam were also arranged by Cham. We had the same feelings about the company and we were glad to have chosen it. We were pleased by the services Cham and her husband at HaLongsapa Tours provided to us. They took care of us and made our trip an amazing one. I am proud with my family that I made a right choice when I arranged our trips within Vietnam with Cham, including flights and tours to Halong, Sapa, Hoi An and the Melkong Delta. I haven’t had time to write about all the places we went in Vietnam yet, but I hope to post some more reviews later.
The genuine and excellent services by Halongsapa Tours (halongsapatours.com) are worth every penny we paid. I would like to share our experience with you so you can make a choice if you are considering spending your nights on a cruise boat in Halong Bay.

6  Thank katies689