“Good value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 319 Speciality Lodging in Da Lat
Darwin
“Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here late December during the flower festival. At $15 a night the room was adequate although the beds were about three-quarter size. Cold at night and with one blanket each hubby and I shared one bed and 2 blankets. .Bit of a tight squeeze. Our room also smelt of stale cigarette smoke the entire time we were there even though we aired the room each day. I think it was in the lounge chairs!

Breakfast was fine. Overall good value, but a bit out of the way and for an extra $5 you could better. However, if you are on a tight budget there's nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank juroDarwin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Da Lat, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here before taking Easy Rider tour. Nice friendly staff, good value, the beds were kind of hard. Definitely great for budget travelers.

• Stayed December 2011
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

I can't say with 100% certainty that the money was taken at the hotel, but 200,000 dong (and a few U.S. dollars) went missing from my bag in the hotel room at some point. It very well could have been taken on my bus journey to Da Lat, but my bag was in my possession (or in the care of my boyfriend) during our bus journey. They took only a portion of the money in my bag, which would lead me to believe they didn't want me to notice (if it was taken on the bus, I don't think they would have taken such care, they would take the entire amount) - but I know for certain the money was taken. The hotel was cheap, yes, but they took the equivalent of a night in the hotel, I would rather spend that somewhere I can trust. We stayed one night and left the room several times for meals (we made sure to lock the door), and checked out promptly when we found the money had gone missing.

My advice if you decide to stay here - know how much money you have, don't leave it in the room (I try not to carry all of my cash on me, but now I'm rethinking that strategy), check your valuables at the front desk & receive a receipt for them (don't leave them in the room). I don't think it is the front desk woman (she seemed genuinely surprised when we mentioned money may have gone missing in our room), but I suspect that there is someone dishonest working at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't leave valuables in the room. Or just go next door to the pink villa (where we ended up st...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SuperTramp011
Johannesburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Binh yen affiliation to the Freelance Easy Rider Bike Tour
We got dropped off by open bus company at this hotel and on arrival were told about the 1 day countryside freelance easy rider tour on a motorbike. This company is affiliated to the binh yen hotel hence our review.The manager said that if we are unhappy about the tour he would refund us our money. The following day we were picked up at our hotel and in general enjoyed the tour . We want to warn other fellow tourists about the stop at the weasel coffee / rice wine shop. We believe this is a scam and suspect that the Freelance Easy Rider company is in on the act. Weasels are kept in cages at the back of the shop. We feel very silly falling for the scam. Pd 1000 000 dong for 100grams only to find out that you can buy it for 300 000 dong per kg! In Dalat at a proper coffee shop (not the market) and 600 000 dong per kg in Hanoi. As we wanted to be fair to the manager, we went back to the hotel the next day and explained to him that we are unhappy. He got very aggressive. We still do not know if the coffee that we bought is the real thing...It is unfortunate that in Vietnam in general you are in constant risk of failing prey of scams and it is therefor our responsibility to take the effort and time to warn future tourists of possible rip offs. Skip this coffee shop as a place to visit as we saw other tourists. We also did not enjoy the minority village, monkey is kept on a chain, give it a miss. Website address of freelance easy rider company did not work so we could not check validity.

• Stayed December 2011
7 Thank HandsOn_10
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

For $5/night including breakfast you can't go wrong. We got dropped off right in front of this hotel, later to find out there were many in the close vicinity. Next time I would probably check the other ones out to compare first, but otherwise I can't complain.

I slept well here for two nights. Shower was warm, but you had to hold it up. It was clean. The staff were friendly and there was wifi in the room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends