“Fantastic visit to a wonderful organisation!”
Review of Soi Dog Foundation

Soi Dog Foundation
Ranked #6 of 303 things to do in Phuket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Guided tours begin at 9:30 am, 11 am, 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm, every day Monday to Friday (Saturdays 9.30 am and 10.30 am), and last about 40 minutes. The shelter is closed to visitors on Saturday afternoons and Sundays. Soi Dog Foundation is a registered charity that helps street dogs and stray cats. Visitors are welcome to take a tour of the facilities and meet the hundreds of dogs and dozens of cats, and after the tour you can stay for the day to play with the animals. Rather than a "dog pound," Soi Dog's shelter is an uplifting environment where dogs and cats receive lots of love and high quality care.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I heard about Soi Dog a few years ago on a visit to Phuket and then I started making money donations, but I finally visited the actual sanctuary yesterday morning. It was amazing and a complete MUST for any animal lover (and others too)!

I went on a tour around the facility which was very informative and inspirational. The heartache of what the animals have gone through is there but not "in your face" and I left Soi Dog feeling that there is hope after all. I was really touched by the important work the people of Soi Dog do every day for the stray dogs and cats of Phuket and elsewhere. After the tour you could go in to meet the dogs and the cats, and in a few minutes I had my own little favourite. I wish I could take her home with me.

I would absolutely recommend a visit!!!

Rachel A, Visitor and Volunteer Coordinator at Soi Dog Foundation, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

So glad that after making donations to us over recent years, you finally got to come and see what we do here! We receive no government funding, so rely entirely on people like yourself to help fund our Animal Welfare programmes.

All our team are passionate about what we do here, so really happy that you found the tour so inspiring! Glad that you were able to spend some time with some of our residents afterwards - sounds like you fell in love with one of them!? Visit our website for more info on adopting an animal, and who knows, the dream may become a reality!

Thanks again so much for your support - it is very much appreciated.

All reviews
"these guys"
in 20 reviews
"t shirts"

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What an amazing foundation.
I was planning a trip to Thailand and made sure I got here.
I even stalked up of dog and cat toys and literally hauled them around Thailand for 3.5 weeks until I made it here.
They are doing such amazing work helping street animals and helping to spread awareness about the dog meat trade.
They even offer Thai citizens free spay and nuture.
(although I'm not sure if the Thai citizens know much about it..)

What an amazing foundation.

Hi Jenni,

Firstly let me say a massive thank you for hauling all of those supplies around Thailand these last few weeks - we really do appreciate how generous people can be, and can assure you that those toys will be put to good use!
Really glad that you got to take a look around, and also learn more about the work that we do.
We launched a Community Outreach programme in early 2017, which involves travelling around the island, and teaching carers and feeders how to administer basic First Aid to dogs and cats, and also how to identify signs of sickness and injury. This naturally helps in promoting the spay/neuter programme that we operate to local people, and we also plan to recommence mobile sterilisation units across Phuket later this year, to further support local people and their dogs and cats.

Thanks once again for your support - and hope that your bag was considerably lighter on your return journey!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is a must stop for any dog lover. Nothing shocking or painful, its all dogs being taken care of and loved. It was so inspiring to see this place. I just wish I had gone sooner.

Thanks for coming to see us at the Shelter, and pleased that your visit was so inspiring. The dedicated staff here work tirelessly to ensure that the dogs and cats receive the very best of care - thanks again, and hope to welcome you back here in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A great place for anyone to go. Great facilities for dogs and cats with a comprehensive tour. There is time after the tour to go and interact with dogs and cats by yourself. The tour is also completely free but I'd recommend a donation and to spread the word about the great things this foundation is doing.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit, and glad that you found the tour informative.
Appreciate the recommendations about donating and spreading the word - we receive no government funding, so rely entirely on people like yourself to help fund our work.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

As a big animal and dog lover this was a must for me .
I must admit at first I was a little nervous in case I got i little emotional... which I did but its because they ALL do such an amazing job
I have never been to such a clean animal sanctuary. They dogs are looked after in such a organised manor ... EVERYONE of them and their needs is catered for.
The tour was excellent . Very informative and uplifting .
You get time at the end to interact with the animals which was my favourite bit
I will definitely be returning hopefully as a volunteer

A visit to us can certainly be emotional, but will also be a positive and uplifting experience too, as you clearly saw.
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and really appreciate the comments about cleanliness and how hard the staff work.

Pleased that you plan to come back, and even happier to hear that you are considering volunteering.
Volunteers are vital to us, and make such a huge impact on our resident dogs and cats. Email volunteering@soidog.org if you would like any further info on it.

Thanks again for visiting us, and look forward to welcoming you back.