Review Highlights
This tour was the best

We were on the same cruise and the same tour as Cats for Kids describes in "Fantastic Tour" and can... read more

Reviewed 2 January 2017
CatsAustralia
Melbourne Australia
Fantastic tour

I visited Phuket for 1 day, as I was on a cruise. Through Cruise Critic, I set up a tour with Chaya... read more

Reviewed 24 November 2016
catsforkids
Chicago, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from US$ 10.60
from US$ 123.60
from US$ 87.60
from US$ 19.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

My sister and i did this tour yesterday arvo. It was brilliant! Only 2 other people were on the tour- guide was excellent. Lots of laughs and learnt alot! Definately worth doing

1  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Once again I can highly recommend Phuket Heritage Tours with Chaya. I was lucky enough to do a tour in April, we went north into Phang Nga.
I have previously been on two tours with Chaya & I was the only one on tour, this time I was also lucky as we had a full group of eight, seven fellow australians. Lovely fun loving bunch they were.
I was staying in Nai Yang, none of the other people on tour had been here before so Chaya stopped at the local fishing beach for the to see. Then we visited Soi Dog Foundation very close to my heart. All the way along lots of interesting information from Chaya. Lunch was at Sarasin In Love near Sarasin Bridge which has a very sad story attached to it. The food was so good, beer was so good, first time I have tried ice in my beer, not bad!
After a very full filling lunch we headed to a beach, first one was not suitable so we continued on to a lovely beach with a little cafe where some of us swam & then drink & ice creams.On the way back we went to The Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, very interesting. Bang Pae waterfall is close by, not much water in April but we managed to get our feet wet!
All in all another wonderful day with Chaya who is a wealth of information on all subjects.
On a personal note Chaya had asked me if I would like to go with her to check out a possible new place to take her tours, hell yes!!! Cant tell you where twe went that is up to Chaya. Unfortunately my Mother had passed away the night before, I could not have been with a more special person on a difficult day. Thank Chaya you know I loved that day.
I am going back in late Oct & all of Nov & I will be doing a couple more tours as they are simply the best!

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank jenni04amm
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I had booked the Meet the locals tour after reading many great reviews and we certainly weren't disappointed. Steve and I were very surprised to find we were the only 2 people, which meant we could enjoy the day at our own pace. We learnt so much about the people of Thailand and the history of Phuket and were able to link the history and places from Chaya's stories from our previous travel & my Malaysian Chinese background. Chaya's thank you for looking after the 2 of us so well, it was truly appreciated. Have no hesitation in recommending Chaya's business to anyone who wants a truly cultural experience.

2  Thank TeresaKelly0601
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

After walking around Patong & doing all the usual attractions, I stumbled across the heritage & food tour on trip advisor & can't understand why it's not up the top of the tours as it has outstanding reviews???
If you want to find out about Phukets rich heritage & history then this is a must, if you want to eat some sensational local food along the way & find some hidden gems that you won't find on your own then I truly recommend you do this tour! Thank you so much Chaya!

2  Thank James C
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Chaya is a fantastic guide, her deep knowledge and excellent English made this a perfect day. We visited a few off the beaten path sites, and she made sure that we had all the information we needed. The amazing lunch was a real pleasure, I give this a 10/10

Date of experience: June 2016