“A cultural delight”

Phuket Heritage Trails Tours
Ranked #29 of 518 Tours in Phuket
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by a Phuket native with an aim to promote the cultural and historical Phuket Island in responsible and educational manners, Phuket Heritage Trails offers cultural, historical, and natural tours of Phuket, showcasing local beliefs, architecture, cuisines, and lifestyle within the historical backdrop made up of the community's ethnic and religious diversity.Phuket Heritage Trails stands apart from other local tours in that it is not a commercial tour jammed with commission motivated shopping diversions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I had booked the Meet the locals tour after reading many great reviews and we certainly weren't disappointed. Steve and I were very surprised to find we were the only 2 people, which meant we could enjoy the day at our own pace. We learnt so much about the people of Thailand and the history of Phuket and were able to link the history and places from Chaya's stories from our previous travel & my Malaysian Chinese background. Chaya's thank you for looking after the 2 of us so well, it was truly appreciated. Have no hesitation in recommending Chaya's business to anyone who wants a truly cultural experience.

2  Thank Teresa K

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

After walking around Patong & doing all the usual attractions, I stumbled across the heritage & food tour on trip advisor & can't understand why it's not up the top of the tours as it has outstanding reviews???
If you want to find out about Phukets rich heritage & history then this is a must, if you want to eat some sensational local food along the way & find some hidden gems that you won't find on your own then I truly recommend you do this tour! Thank you so much Chaya!

2  Thank James C
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Chaya is a fantastic guide, her deep knowledge and excellent English made this a perfect day. We visited a few off the beaten path sites, and she made sure that we had all the information we needed. The amazing lunch was a real pleasure, I give this a 10/10

1  Thank lrussell2740
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I contacted Chaya prior to my trip because i was looking for a guide to help me with one of my artistic projects and i asked if she would be available even though it's different from her "classic" tours.

she was very responsive and available and a pleasure to communicate with.

I have spent a whole day with her, and i have nothing but great things to say about her.

she is a fountain of knowledge about her island phuket and full of good energy at every moment.

if you want to dig a bit deeper and learn a bit more about the island than just the obvious she is most definitely the person to go to.

1  Thank Karen_Mandau
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Like a lot of other Reviewers, I was fortunate that I discovered the "Phuket Heritage Trails Tours" on-line whilst studying Tripadvisor for alternative things to do whilst holidaying in Phuket.
Having been to Phuket twice before, my wife and I had just about seen all of the 'touristy' places available - or so we thought.
I initially contacted Chaya by email after reading most of the reviews and she recommended the "Meet the Locals Tour" on a Sunday. We visited Phuket for two weeks in April 2016, spending the first week in Cape Panwa and the second in Patong. We were staying at the Cape Panwa Hotel (about 45 mins from Patong), so we were personally collected by Chaya in her own vehicle before connecting up with the others on tour, in a Mini-bus. This was so typical of how personalised the entire day was, just as if one of "the locals" was giving her relatives a guided tour of her home town.
Chaya is so pleasantly knowledgable and patriotic about her country that you feel that she thoroughly enjoys providing Tourists with this vast information so that you can understand and appreciate the history and culture of Phuket. It's not her job, it's her love.
We saw a number of things that we had not previously been shown on any of our prior visits to Phuket and this was exactly what we were looking for.
This is a Tour you must do, which is also great value for money considering it also includes lunch and a visit to the 'night markets' in Phuket Town.
I cannot speak highly enough of Phuket Heritage Trails Tours.

2  Thank 53GAZZA1990