Review Highlights
This tour was the best

We were on the same cruise and the same tour as Cats for Kids describes in "Fantastic Tour" and can... read more

Reviewed 2 January 2017
CatsAustralia
Melbourne Australia
Fantastic tour

I visited Phuket for 1 day, as I was on a cruise. Through Cruise Critic, I set up a tour with Chaya... read more

Reviewed 24 November 2016
catsforkids
Chicago, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from US$ 10.60
from US$ 123.50
from US$ 87.60
from US$ 19.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

After walking around Patong & doing all the usual attractions, I stumbled across the heritage & food tour on trip advisor & can't understand why it's not up the top of the tours as it has outstanding reviews???
If you want to find out about Phukets rich heritage & history then this is a must, if you want to eat some sensational local food along the way & find some hidden gems that you won't find on your own then I truly recommend you do this tour! Thank you so much Chaya!

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank James C
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Chaya is a fantastic guide, her deep knowledge and excellent English made this a perfect day. We visited a few off the beaten path sites, and she made sure that we had all the information we needed. The amazing lunch was a real pleasure, I give this a 10/10

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank lrussell2740
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I contacted Chaya prior to my trip because i was looking for a guide to help me with one of my artistic projects and i asked if she would be available even though it's different from her "classic" tours.

she was very responsive and available and a pleasure to communicate with.

I have spent a whole day with her, and i have nothing but great things to say about her.

she is a fountain of knowledge about her island phuket and full of good energy at every moment.

if you want to dig a bit deeper and learn a bit more about the island than just the obvious she is most definitely the person to go to.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Karen_Mandau
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Like a lot of other Reviewers, I was fortunate that I discovered the "Phuket Heritage Trails Tours" on-line whilst studying Tripadvisor for alternative things to do whilst holidaying in Phuket.
Having been to Phuket twice before, my wife and I had just about seen all of the 'touristy' places available - or so we thought.
I initially contacted Chaya by email after reading most of the reviews and she recommended the "Meet the Locals Tour" on a Sunday. We visited Phuket for two weeks in April 2016, spending the first week in Cape Panwa and the second in Patong. We were staying at the Cape Panwa Hotel (about 45 mins from Patong), so we were personally collected by Chaya in her own vehicle before connecting up with the others on tour, in a Mini-bus. This was so typical of how personalised the entire day was, just as if one of "the locals" was giving her relatives a guided tour of her home town.
Chaya is so pleasantly knowledgable and patriotic about her country that you feel that she thoroughly enjoys providing Tourists with this vast information so that you can understand and appreciate the history and culture of Phuket. It's not her job, it's her love.
We saw a number of things that we had not previously been shown on any of our prior visits to Phuket and this was exactly what we were looking for.
This is a Tour you must do, which is also great value for money considering it also includes lunch and a visit to the 'night markets' in Phuket Town.
I cannot speak highly enough of Phuket Heritage Trails Tours.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank 53GAZZA1990
Reviewed 6 May 2016

We were looking for a tour that gave us a little more cultural understanding than just the quick once-overs we usually do as tourists. This was it! We did the Sunday "Meet the Locals" with the Night Market, and it was a beautiful day. Chaya picked us up, took us for a terrific Thai lunch, drove us to some off-the-beaten-path sites including a visit to a local village, and ended by taking us to the Night Market. The best part was Chaya's openness. By all means, spend a day with Chaya when in Thailand.

Date of experience: April 2016