3 people are viewing this hotel
$65
Hotels.com$71
Travelocity$71
Agoda.com$67
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just a one night stop off here.

Room was cleanish. I found a maggot in my bed so that made me feel a bit sick. We arrived late so ordered room service. had to wait for phone to be amswered. I tried to order 2 ham and cheese sandwiches. I was told to s l o w d o w n. I asked in Thai for 2 (song). They put the phone down. Not sure if it was ordered or not!. It turned up but just one arrived. I explained I asked for 2. They went back for the other.

water in bathroom was an off colour not nice to look at.

The alarm in the morning was not great (a stray dog barking outside our room!!

When we looked outside it was a dump!! We ordered breakfast for 7.30 - 8.00. I rang them at 8.10 and they said wait 2 minutes. i ordered food for 3 of us but only got 2 (what a surprise) was nothing special!!!

Glad to check out this hotel!!

Room tip: Avoid this unless you want to be in Benidorm!!!
Date of stay: December 2011
3  Thank michyandmatty
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed at Amora Beach Resort with my mother, father and younger brother, and I wouldn't stay here again.

When we arrived, instead of having a queen/king bed for my parents and two singles for my brother and I, there were only 3 singles. Another bed had to be brought in and instead of changing us to a room with the beds we paid for, they pushed two singles together for my parents.

There was a terrible sewerage smell outside our room that lasted the entire time that was putrid and strong. It was so bad on the second day we asked to be moved because it was just unbearable. I think it was from a Garden View to a Pool View.

Also the bathrooms are disgusting. Not well cleaned at all. It's bad when you don't even wanna shower or go to the toilet in the room you're staying in!

The pool was OK, and the beach was pretty crowded with people in lounge chairs. There are much better and more relaxing spots on the beach further down at other hotels.

The buffet breakfasts were probably the best part of this place, they weren't that good but they were better than anything else!

Room tip: Pick a room near the pool to avoid terrible sewerage smell!! Not garden view!
Date of stay: March 2011
9  Thank Jane R
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Have stayed at the Amora many times over the past few years and have always enjoyed it (did have a lovely welcome back) - but would never stay there again. The hotel is predominantly full of rude, arrogant Russians, who flout hotel rules. The hotel is now scruffy and tired looking. The pool closed at 9pm, but people still using it at 3am keeping us awake. Reception staff very good - breakfast staff miserable and unfriendly (which has never been the case in previous years) probably fed up with miserable russians. Breakfast awful - didn't even serve bacon. Rooms still lovely, pool lovely, grounds lovely, lovely beach. Will never return to Phuket whilst Russians still around - have totally ruined it - Phuket now is expensive - stayed in Khoa Lak before coming to Phuket (no Russians there) and significantly cheaper to eat and drink and more relaxed and friendly. Absolutely gutted that Russians have ruined our piece of paradise.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
11  Thank Karina R
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Having stayed here 4 years ago and loved it, I booked again with my partner for 6 nights and successfully requested the same room I'd had before (Delux pool room - 1210 - @ $77 AUD a night, an absolute bargain). Our room was on the ground floor with a balcony that led to the larger of the 2 swimming pools. The room is very spacious and clean. I don't recall the mattress being as hard the last time though. It was my partner that commented on it - I probably wouldn't have noticed. I love the location of this hotel as it's not too busy and congested like Patong can be. The usual breakfast buffet was on offer (included in the price). The large selection was pretty much the same every morning so perhaps more variety would have been nice. The staff here are terrific and greeted me warmly (especially Alex) having remembered my last stay. We had room service on 3 occasions which was very reasonably priced and delicious. We seemed to be the only Australians on site which suited me just fine. Most of the guests were Russian and Chinese. Not many children were staying which is another plus for me! The tour desk girl was lovely and helped us choose a couple of day trips. The hotel grounds meet the sand to the beautiful waters of Bang Tao Bay. There are a few permanently erected stalls on the beach selling souvenirs and clothes. A few restaurants are also within walking distance right on the beach. For a 3.5 star hotel, this is just perfect for me and I will stay here every time I'm in Phuket. My partner was equally impressed with everything on offer. (although next time he may request a slightly softer mattress!)

Room tip: Choose a ground floor room so you can walk straight from your balcony on to the grounds.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen_of_Oz
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The buildings from the outside are not super nice. Lots of German and Russian tourists. Huge hotel with a lot of rooms. Very near the beach (100m). Staff is OK, not amazing. Average ++ hotel, good value for money.

Date of stay: August 2011