“Educational, Enjoyable”

Happy Home Thai Cooking School
Ranked #2 of 6 Food & Drink in Pattaya
More attraction details
Owner description: The Happy Home Thai Cooking School is founded on the belief that cooking is an integral part of any happy home and should be based on fresh ingredients, careful preparation and beautiful presentation. Come learn the joy and beauty of Thai cooking with us. We have moved to a new location. Beware of schools that have similar names. They are not the original Happy Home Thai Cooking School taught by Sheri!
Oss, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Educational, Enjoyable”
Reviewed 29 January 2011

We started the course with much anticipation...Sheri is very skilled in her art. Our course was for the full 5 days and whilst this was nice I think 3 days would have been enough as much of the menu is a variation of the same theme.

Sheri did take us the a local market on South Pattaya Road which did feel a little like tagging along with your Mum on a shopping trip.

* The course notes/ recipes was of a very poor quality print wise.

* Out of the 5 mornings Sheri was late on 3 occasions.

* Upon reflection and checking the website when we got back home, we did not receive the extra something for completing the course.

Now we did enjoy the course and Sheri was very pleasant but these small points did make it feel like we were part of the conveyor belt of people coming through the door.

Just goes to show you cannot please all the people all the time.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank TopOss
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Just Do It!!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Unbelievable. I have never taken a cooking class but had a little extra time and wanted t9o see what the tripadvisor contibutors were talking about.

I got there around 1300 and Sheri asked me what i want3ed to cook, there were a few others already cooking so it seemed very flexible, show up and cook. I did make the reservation the day before.

The meals I made tasted great and I think I will be able to duoplicate them. I cant wait to try the recipes at home and see how I do.

Take a break from Pattaya and try these lessons!

Visited January 2011
Goulburn and Surrounds, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A diamond in the suburbs”
Reviewed 24 December 2010

It is in the middle of a suburb of Pattaya, it is surprisingly quiet, it is more a home than a school - Happy Home Thai Cooking School is a diamond in the suburbs. I had the opportunity to enjoy two classes under Sheri's watchful eye, and I absolutely loved it. Everything was simply perfect - Sheri's understated, calm teaching method, her eye for detail, her openness when it came to special requests. I had an interest in learning to cook some Issan dishes, and Sheri easily accommodated my wish. I even learned to cook a frog ! (Tasted like chicken....). One morning we went to the market where Sheri introduced us to vegetables and other food stuff that I had never seen before.
For anyone interested in Thai food or food in general: this is the place to be. Sheri and Harvey offer different courses, from a few hours to a whole week. This school is the reason why I will be back in Pattaya one day, to do the whole course.
Thanks Sheri for a truly remarkable experience.

1 Thank Euroz
WARRINGTON CHESHIRE ENGLAND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“its easy and fun to cook at the happy house thai cooking school”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

i went to the happy house thai cooking school for the first time yesterday, not only are you greeted with smiles, you feel part of the family right away.
its just off Pattaya Klang Soi 14 pattaya. a taxi can you there, or you can walk, just up from second road.
they run daily coarses, mornings, and afternoons. its 1000 baht per class and you get to do 4 meals, which once youve made, you can enjoy sat at one of the many tables. they have facilities for up to ten people at a time or can do one to one tuition.
the cooking is not only educational but fun, and anyone can do it.
i have made some videos of the day to show you the school on youtube, just type.....
(happy home thai cooking school), hope you enjoy, and happy cooking.

5 Thank GEOFFCARTER
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“In the hurley-burley of Pattaya , the Happy Home Cooking School in Pattaya is an oasis of calm located at Soi 14.”
Reviewed 29 October 2010

The Happy Home Cooking School is run by the very helpful Harvey, who looks after the bookings, and former chef Sheri who manages all the teaching with a great deal of patience and understated cooking skill. She makes it all look SO easy!

I was working in Pattaya for over five weeks and at a loss for some things to do on the weekend that didn't revolve around the ubiquitous bar scene.

While I thought I was a reasonable Thai cook back in Australia, my first session with Sheri calibrated me... I quickly realised just how much I didn't know.
There are a range of fresh ingredients that just aren't available at home, so it was interesting to learn all about the flavours and textures they brought to each dish.

As it was a quiet time in Pattaya, Sheri was able to skip some of the real basics and tailor a two day cooking course that covered quite a range of dishes... the best part was getting to eat it all afterwards!

Wonderful food, convenient location, well set up cooking stations and great value... I'll definitely be back on my next work trip!

2 Thank TilleyMan