“Good value for money. Great Rooms and views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandalay Resort

Sandalay Resort
Ranked #119 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Good value for money. Great Rooms and views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have stayed here several times and will do again. The rooms have a luxurious feel, are clean and well decorated. The views are GREAT. The pool is good. Breakfast is very good indeed - lots of choice - and the chef cooks a great omlette to order.The food is good in the restaurant too - reasonable prices and a good location for people watching. The beach is just across the street. You can walk to Walking Street in about 25 minutes or, if you are lazy (i.e. on holiday) like me you can catch the Baht Bus. Staff were fine. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Very good views from about the 4th. floor up, and nearer to Beach Road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Roger M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This mid-sized hotel really was very nice. We particularly like its location, a two-minute walk can lead us fom the hotel to the beach. The room was great, it had a nice beach and sea view, and the L-shape bathroom was spacious. Bed and sofa (day) bed were both very comfy. There also was a nice corner in the room decorated to handle dining needs of the guests. Satellite TV and local cable box were all included. Last but not least, breakfast was far better than what we had expected. And we paid only half of what we would have paid had we stayed at other hotel of the similar quality for a similar type of room in Pattaya city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mbe_thaiwah
Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The location of this hotel is great for those who are not overly interested in the Walking Street 'attractions' as it is right at the other end of Beach Rd. Just accross the road from the beach and surrounded by some curiously designed hotels, you will feel like you are in a dry dock when you see the, literally, ship shape hotel next door.
As for the Sandalay itself I was quite impressed with the hotel. Nice rooms although from reading other reviews I understand that the standard rooms are a little small. I went for the Deluxe Sea View and it was more than adequate for space. Great shower and toilet facilities but they are a little cheap when it comes to the shower gel etc. this is not in the little bottles we all love (to take home!) but in a dispencer on the wall! at this price a couple of bottles should not be an issue.
The balcony was a little small but fine for one person to sit and take in the view of the bay, slightly obsured in my case hence the reference to the 'boat' next door.
Breakfast was plentiful although not the warmest I have eaten. Ate in the restaurant at the front of the hotel a couple of times, as good as anywhere in the area for Thai food and reasonably priced. Sit at the front as the deck is slightly raised so perfect for watching the world go by.
I only marked the service down as average because some of the front desk staff were not full of the famous Thai smile and more importantly they booked me a taxi to the wrong airport even though I had made several attempts to ensure that they had me down as going to Utapao not Bangkok, which is where I very nearly ended up!
I would and am planniing to stay there again as it is the best location for anyone visiting Pattaya but is not overly interested in Walking Street in all its sordid glory!

Room Tip: Go for the sea view rooms for the space.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JimBann
Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have stayed there 2 nights and it was really good for our needs.

+ location - exactly center, sea just across the street
+ free wi-fi
+ really good quality of room and modern interior (for us wasn`t the best view from room, but if curtains are closed, then room was perfect)
+ attitude in hotel was welcomed and warm

Hotel is good 3* hotel. Behind the corner there is 2 little shops: 7eleven and FamilyMart, as well laundry service - perfect is you stay for 1-2 weeks, restaurants, shops - all for beach road and 2road (don`t need to drive nowhere)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank lindawelsa
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

The hotel is showing its age with a lot of wear and tear. The standard rooms are tiny at only 23 Sq. Meters. I opted for the larger room at over 50 sq. meter. If you don't pay extra for a room with a beach view, you'll get a room with a view of the adjacent building which is not a good sight. The front desk inadvertently gave me breakfast vouchers for my three day stay. On my first day of breakfast after presenting the voucher to the restaurant employee(with the date/room/name) I began to fill my plate with food at the buffet. By the time I was about to sit down with my breakfast, the restaurant employee informed me the voucher was not valid. I protested, placed my plate on the table. Without touching my breakfast, she suggested I check with the front desk. The front desk expecting me with a sheepish grin said they were sorry, my room did not include breakfast. I told them they gave me the vouchers, I had a full plate and was embarassed by them asking me to leave and that my voucher was not valid. The front desk really needs more training. More than half the staff have trouble communicating in English. I would not return to this hotel. At best, the hotel is 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the beach view room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Thaistyx

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels