“Great weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #175 of 440 Hotels in Pattaya
Hong Kong, China
“Great weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I spent 2 nights at Sugar Hut with some friends, great place very friendly, centrally located, very tasty breakfast, especially the omelette. I was near the newly renovated swimming pool, which looks fantastic...will definitely recommend it....Thanks again Mark

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark49294217
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Haugesund
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have stayed in Sugarhut for 5 days, but paid for 6.., reason for early check out is really bad service, and finally 4 photograph taking fellows occurred in the swimming pool area and chased all people away from the pool.
To order a beer or food in the pool area takes around one hour, food in the restaurant are at the best very average.
At arr. yo had to pay"deposits", or have a credit card slip with your signature on in the reception. Really annoying when you have prepaid for 6 nights.
The Hotel is itself in a beautiful area, the pools and Thai houses are perfect, but for the price paid and the service received I will for sure never go back, and I will not recommend this Hotel for anybody.

Room Tip: Stay away. You will find better locations for this price.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Teddy P
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I was here with a group and we both had a hut each, lovely huts but everything is a bit outdated now. The pool is nice and big next to hut 6 & 8 which we stayed in and there are two other pools which are a lot smaller.

Breakfast was inclusive and was great the first day we had quite a good selection, next day no menu and breakfast was served without a word asked but the food was terribly cooked with far too much oil and the last day food was not edible (toilet issue, on the day of flying for all parties).

The restaurant is ok at best and the service is none existent.

If you love the thai style huts and green green surroundings this hotel is nice but don't expect any service nor good food and bring mosquito repellent (you'll need plenty)

Room Tip: Choose a room nearby the big pool, which doesnt have the pathway covered by plants in the dark its i...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DigiWahjai
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

It is good that I did not read these reviews before I left for a last minute vacation. I booked at the Sugar Hut about 30 minutes before I jumped in my car and drove the two hour drive from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Some of the comments in the reviews are true from my experience but I did not find them so offensive. The mosquitoes apparently loved the Hut as much as I did but they not being paying guests I simply used the spray provided by the resort and problem solved, that’s not to say that I did not get bit a time or two but I was in the jungle or at least it felt like it.

Ok to the point. I give the resort Five Stars in spite of all of its flaws I had an absolutely wonderful experience, just walking from the parking lot to my hut was a tropical journey. The huts are small but a warm natural experience. My AC worked fine the lights in the bedroom and living rooms were on dimmers and I often dimmed them as this is my preference. The service was slow but I found the staff very welcoming and helpful. The food was not waiting in the kitchen for someone to order it, it was made fresh. I remember one experience at another restaurant in a different country when I ordered something from the menu and the waiter went into the kitchen to deliver my order and came back out with the food within one or two minutes, I found this very offensive.

If you are a traveler you will have many opportunities to stay at western hotels but the opportunity to stay at a Thai style resort particularly in Pattaya is a rare and unique experience and the Sugar Hut delivers it in spades.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling_Dave91
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

We live in Bangkok and decided we spend a few nights out of the City. My wife booked the hotel and after reading the other reviews we tried to cancel but where unable to do so.

We found the Hotel and grounds to be quite unique for a busy place like Pattaya. A quite oasis with charming Thai style teak wood huts surrounding a pleasent large swimming pool .

The huts are a bit run down and do require some loving care but the whole place has charm like no other hotel we have stayed in Pattaya before. The place has a very relaxed and laid back iar to it and is situated in its own quite unique grounds which almost have a rainforest feel about them .

The down points

Upon arrival we meet by the bellboy who started to unload our luggage until he was interupted by some one in a large expensive Lexus . He promply disappeared for over 10 minutes , leaving us with a our luggage by our car. We were later told it was the owner to had asked him to change some money for him.

At night we surrounded my mosquitos and I was biten all over - even with the hotels supply of spray and and lotion and there bieing a plug in mosquito killer in the room . I believe this may have been due to the extensive tropical grounds not being treated as well.

On the second night after having a shower we discouvered that no towels had been delivered and had to waite for themn to be delivered.

The bearfast selection was rather limited and my Thai wife extracted several dead ants each morning from the Thai breakfast porridge although to be fair she still said it was nice. nice resort to stay if just for the charm and atmosphere and lovely swimming pool.

In conclusion I would reccomend this charming hotel but do agree with previuos reports about the quality of service from the staff and feel with a

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple