“Great Impression”
Review of Siam Bayshore

Siam Bayshore
Ranked #25 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just spent 9 wonderful days in Pattaya. Siam Bayshore definitely left a great impression. I’ve been to Pattaya many times, but this is the first time I stayed at Siam Bayshore. In hindsight, I wish I’ve always stayed here. Resort grounds are extensive and well maintained. The garden wing is particularly lovely with the pools, ponds, and greenery. It has the feel of a park in the midst of bustling Pattaya. The facilities and restaurants are clean and well maintained. Staff is efficient and friendly. I stayed in the Ocean Wing, and the room is clean and very spacious. Food is excellent; the resort lays out a great spread for both breakfast and dinner. The spa is phenomenal with great staff and wonderful ambience. The location is fantastic. For anyone looking to experience the nightlife Pattaya has to offer, Siam Bayshore is an unbeatable choice. It’s located on the southern end of Walking Street next to the Bali Hai Entertainment District. All the hot spots in Pattaya are within easy walking distance. Despite the close proximity to the nightlife, the noise level in the resort is low. I never had problem sleeping even though Walking Street is just a glass door away. For other activities, the Siam Bayshore also offers tours to local destinations. The only conceivable shortcoming is the gym, which is fairly minimal and the treadmill wasn’t working very well while I was there. However, it’s not a serious detraction; after all, few people come to Pattaya to spend any significant amount of time in a gym. I look forward to return to Siam Bayshore later this year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Charles60956
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Mr. Charles,

Thank you very much for your comments here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we convince you with our services and facilities.

We have a plan to upgrade some equipment in our gym so that during your next stay you will enjoy your workout more.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon again and to see you become a member of our "Regular Guest Family".

Until then we wish you all the best.

YOUR Siam Bayshore

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Siam Bayshore is located at the end of Walking Street which makes it the perfect location for going out at night. The hotel itself has a very relaxing atmosphere and the pools are a great place to relax in the day. I'd happily go back :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

Delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have a chance to welcome you back which means you will become a member of our big "Regular Guest Family".

We wish you all the best and a Happy Songkran (=Thai New Year).

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at the Siam Bayshore for four nights in late March. I would personally rate this as a 5 star hotel. I have stayed at many resorts in the Caribbean for $250 per night and they do not compare to the quality of this hotel for just over $100 per night. I booked the Tropical Deluxe room with pool view. It was amazing. Comfortable bed, large bathroom with great shower and bath, in room safe, great TV, great balcony, Air conditioner worked excellent with no moldy smell you sometimes get in the Caribbean. The main pool is gorgeous and the beach pool is also very nice. The hotel gardens and grounds are amazing. Service was excellent. The staff treated me like royalty and I did not find English speaking problems that other reviews have mentioned. The location is perfect. Just outside the gate and you are on the beginning of Walking street. You are also a stones throw away from Bali Hai and the main pier. The breakfast buffet was very good. If you don't pay in advance during your booking then the price of the breakfast is expensive at $23. Wi fi is in the lobby area but if you need a good Internet cafe then just go on the Walking street for about a 100 yards and you will find a good I-cafe for 1 Bhat per minute which comes out to $1 for 30 minutes. I will stay at this Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Mr. Dean,

Thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with our services provided.

We promise to constantly improve ourselves to make sure that all our guests will enjoy their stay with us.

Will be a pleasure to welcome you back again and to see you become a member of our big "Regular Guest Family".

Until then we wish you all the best and look forward to meet you again here at YOUR Siam Bayshore.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Me and my wife enjoyed this clean and pleasant place 14-25 March 2012. This is one of the best hotels I have been at. Formally 4*, it is the most tidy, clean and neat place I remember. Local Thai servicemen cleaning everything are careful and hardworking.
When we arrived they gave us Deluxe suit in a further building. Room was old and poorly serviced though. Drawers handles were broken after I touched them. The pencil at a bed table broken when I picked it. The floor was of a rude stone and cold. View from the balcony was bad, actually it wasn't any, just a wall.
I couldn't afford me and my wife stay it such a miserable place so we came back to reception. I required any other room. We watched 2 different rooms. Each of them was executive suit (more expensive than we had). Finally I paid $170 and we moved to another room.
A small tip for you, try to stay in the first building, where the reception is. Otherwise you will have to walk a lot. But it is my experience, the rooms in those second building are not so bad, you will have a convenient bed, clean floors and wonderful Thailand. But as I describe my impressions about the hotel I cannot ignore all that.

Personnel requires more English skills. They are friendly and welcome,but sometimes don't understand the simplest phrases.
You might be annoyed with the noise from disco bars near walking street. I couldn't fall asleep 2 nights. But after a day in Pattaya you will be sleeping as a dead man.
Spa services are expensive but good, worth it. But you will pay 10 times more than on a street.
Gym requires new equipment and maintenance of hold stuff. It is old and some metal needs repairing.
The room in main building is what really worth paying for.It is large, light and condition working good.
Breakfast was various and tasty. Service is also good. Fresh juices, many and much fruits, bread, bakery, sushi, everything.

Main +++
1)Close to walking street and all most interesting things in Pattaya
2)Close to wharth (boats landing place), which will take you on islands quickly and cheap. 30 baht for ordinary boat and 300 baht for speedboat per person in 2 sides.
3)Excellent food, restaurants, bars. Good prices also, not extremely expensive.
4)Cleanliness

Main ---
1)Sort out your room before you go. What you need - quite or with good view, etc.
2) I personally didn't like reception guys taking 5 baht for making a copy of passport for me. This is silly and stupid to do so (considering that your papers will be ready in 10 minutes only, because of another room where Xerox is). Please put a Xerox at reception.

Conclusion: good for couples, for young people, for companies. Also for families but choose quiet suits than. Main impression is VERY GOOD, I might come back there one day. For Pattaya is one of the best options. Don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Executive suits are very good (better than deluxe), but usually are more expensive. There are 2 view...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anton G

Dear Mr. Anton,

Greetings from Siam Bayshore.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay in Pattaya and to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

Thank you also for your comments about the rooms and the ideas to improve our service which are highly appreciated as it is our goal to constantly improve ourselves to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

For the English skills of our staff we have already initiated English language courses to make sure that guests can communicate with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon again to become part of our big "Regular Guest Family" and until then wish you all the best.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at Siam Bayshore from March 15 to March 21 this year. We lived in the front building, with a beautiful view over the sea. Very clean room, very kindly staff, a marvellous breakfast, pools, and also quiet, but also very sentral. We loves this hotel and will certainly come back the next time we visist Pattaya. Siam Bayshore is for us the best hotel in Pattaya. Best regards, Grethe and Magne Hovda, Norway

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magne H
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hovda,

Thank you very much for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you were happy with your stay with us and our services like so many people before.
We promise to continuously improve ourselves and keep our service standard high to make sure that our guests will have the same beautiful stay as you experienced.

We look forward to welcome you back soon again so that you become part of our big regular guest family.

In the meantime we wish you all the best and thank you again for choosing our resort for your stay in Thailand.