Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 128
Booking.comUS$ 128
Trip.comUS$ 122
ZenHotels.comUS$ 145
1,879 results
All reviews rabbit family pool dongtan beach private beach walking street deborah pools thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2012

You can't ask for anything more that the Rabbit Resort offers, the staff and facilities are outstanding. From the moment we arrived at the resort we felt at home and were made to feel part of the "Rabbit" family. Windy the resort manager made sure that we had everything that we needed, on the second day the staff remembered who we were and what room we were in. The attention to detail, our needs, the rooms and the finer points of the resort didn't go unnoticed. For our next visit to Thailand we won't be having stop over in Bangkok, we will pay the transfer cost to visit the Rabbit, so much nicer than anywhere in Bangkok. Love the Rabbit Resort and all the staff.

Room tip: We loved the villa unit, privacy for us at great value.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Ralston4
Reviewed 11 October 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing resort away from the madness of Pattaya then this is your place. However if you do want to go into Pattaya its only 15 mins away by bus or taxi.
The cottages are spotless and with the antique furniture such a great change from standard hotel rooms.
Breakfast is a buffet with plenty of choice of good quality cold and cooked food.
Wendy the resort manager could not do more to make sure our stay was perfect.
Will definitely be staying there again on our next visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank StephenJ586
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed at the resort andmy wife and lhad a fantastic Stay. The personalised service was indeed a great touch. The management went out of their was tofix our ticket issues. Thank you very Much to the Rabit resort staff and management. µe×t time I am in ThailandI will definitely stay their and with my new born son.

Happy family from Dubai.

Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank Mojovi
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I wanted to stay near the beach without going too far from Bangkok, so I tried Pattaya and was very happy that I found the Rabbit Resort. It has its own little section of Jomtien Beach and has lush, tropical grounds surrounding the pools and the villas. You would not know that you were in an urban area. It was a most relaxing experience. Rooms were spacious and spotless with good aircon. The restaurant has both Thai and Western food and was consistently very good. But the best part of the resort was the service! Everyone on the staff, headed by Windy, was friendly and helpful and truly contibuted to Thailand's reputation as the Land of Smiles. The owners, Paisan and Deborah, were friendly and caring and have established a wonderful resort.

Room tip: I had an upstairs room and I think I preferred the balcony to a lanai.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank GinJose
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Rabbit Resort. As mentioned many times in previous reviews, the service is one of the best we have had anywhere - puts many 5 star hotels to shame. The English of the general staff can be spotty but everyone is so attentive and eager to please that communication is not a chore. In any case, Wendy is everywhere at all times and speaks perfect English, so communication with staff is unlikely to be a problem.

We stayed in one of the bungalows right off of the adult pool - the pool was literally on our doorstep and we pretty much lived there. Despite the proximity, our bungalow and terrace still felt private and secluded due to the trees and shrubs that shielded them from the pool. The room was a good size and the bathroom was large with a great outdoor style shower. The bed was large (think it was king size) and comfy. There were 3 pillows, all different textures and thickness so that you could choose which one you wanted - I chose the fattest one but they were all perfectly fine. I am neurotic when it comes to cleanliness, especially given that I don't wear shoes in my home and notice the tiniest speck of dirt on the floor wherever I go. The floor of our bungalow was clean enough to eat off. I can't remember ever being this impressed by a hotel room floor.

The breakfast had plenty of variety - not as extensive a spread as a 5 star hotel, but this is to be expected given that the latter operates on a much larger scale and caters to many more guests at one time. Every morning there was at least one completely new dish (that was not repeated in the 6 days we were there) and many others alternating on a daily basis. The breakfast breads and pastries were fresh and the cooked dishes were also of a high quality. Nothing was ever left to run out and all items were continuously replaced right up to the 10am end time (breakfast is served 7-10am), so that even if you sauntered in to breakfast at 10am you would still have the full spread and nothing would be stale or dry. The back bacon that appeared on alternate days should get a special mention - thick succulent slices of real bacon with the fatty rind, just like you get in the UK. The coffee was sublime.

Some people have mentioned the location as being inconvenient which I find strange. The hotel is on a road that is closed to traffic, so yes, you do have to walk a little to get to a big road where you can get tuk-tuks and such if you want to get to Pattaya city centre, but the walk is no more than a very leisurely 10 minute stroll along the beach. We took a stroll along this walkway every day to go to the 7-11 at the end of it to get booze to drink on our terrace and other little things like sunblock and snacks. We found the location perfect and very convenient for all our needs. I suppose this is because we had no interest in Walking Street activities, so maybe if that is what you are coming to Pattaya for, you shouldn't stay here... Horses for courses and all that.

There are a few things that are less positive, but really, in the grand scheme of things pretty minor:
1. The same dish ordered for room service is more expensive than at the restaurant. For example, the Mixed Appetiser platter is 220 baht in the restaurant but 240 baht if you order to your room. Similar markups for all the other dishes. This is something I just can't understand, especially given that you still pay the same 10% service charge on your total bill for room service AND your also pay a 50 baht per trip delivery charge. The differentiated price and delivery charge, I have never encountered at any other hotel I have stayed in (I have travelled extensively for business and pleasure for many years, and have stayed in a wide range of places from family run B&Bs to 5 star hotels and luxury boutiques) and I find it really quite disingenuous. You also get charged to get ice to your room. All these little things, although not significant in terms of amount, makes you feel taken advantage of, and I think the bad-will generated by this more than offsets any extra profit the Resort might make...
2. The private section of beach belonging to the Resort is very crowded. The deck chairs are arranged in rows, very close to each other, as one might expect to see at a sit-down concert or show. We saw plenty of hotel guests occupying those chairs, so clearly this is not off-putting to some, but for us, we really couldn't see how this was in any way an attractive way to spend time. Luckily, this is more than made up for by the lovely adult pool which is never crowded, has a good range of sunbeds in sunny and shaded areas and is free of children - bliss! The pool is surrounded by vegetation and makes you feel as if you are swimming in a lagoon in a jungle. The beach, however, is good for massages (you should not be paying more than 200 baht for a one hour Thai massage and 300 baht for an oil massage) and hawker food (all manner of deep fried stuff, totally yummy and we did not get sick once).
3. On a couple of occasions when we were having dinner at the restaurant, we felt the service was a bit slow due to there being too many guests for the number of staff. For example, they took our used cutlery away after our first course and didn't bring new ones with our mains so we had to ask them for cutlery, but the staff were so busy we didn't get it for quite a while and had to remind them once before we got them.. At breakfast however, the service cannot be faulted. Used plates are whisked away as soon as they are done with, and the minute you have have drank your last drop of coffee you are asked if you would like another. The attentiveness is very impressive indeed and it would be amazing if this could be replicated at evening time.

Overall, I feel the negatives are very minor and very few, and the positives far outweigh these. In the whole of Thailand we think this is the best place to stay, not just in Pattaya but including other areas as well, such as Phuket, so on all our future Thailand trips we will stay at the Rabbit Resort.

Date of stay: September 2012