All reviewshoneymoon suitesea viewthai riceswim up barfive star hotelkoh larnamazing hotelfantastic stayswimming poolpool staffpattaya citytaxithailandmaharanibahtluxuryloungers
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Awful hotel. In need of a huge refurbishment and new management/policies. Towels were dirty in the room and blood stains on the curtains from previous guests. Beds are extremely hard and ridgid. Staff and service is awful and do not really care about the guests. Initially asked for extra towels to two maids, both refused to give them to me. I called twice and still no towels came. Finally hours later after complaining I got my towels but way less than I had requested.

We dropped a bottle of oil in the room and when the made cleaned, instead of cleaning the oil she mopped the oil around the entire room. Leaving us with an extremely dangerous and slippery floor. Never got cleaned properly.

We invited some friends to our room for drinks and got charged a visitor fee per person (330/baht), despite them not staying in the room for the night. You must meet the guests at the counter and sign paperwork with them and pay the fees before they can come back up.

We ordered some room service and some take away at the same time. Hotel refused to let the driver even into the hotel grounds based on policy. The hotel is very famous for allowing guests to bring hookers to the hotel, yet won't allow a driver to bring food to the hotel as in their words "have many restaurants to eat at on the grounds". Totally disrupts the guest experience and basically the hotel wants all revenues spent by guests to stay within the resort.

Asked to be put through to duty manager and they refused. STRONGLY recommend you do not stay here if you want any service.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room and be cleaned twice.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Pattaya as well as for sharing your feedback with us.

We regret to hear of the shortfall in service that you had experienced and the impression that it had left on you. Please be assured that I have addressed the issue with the concerned Manager that corrective steps are taken on how our team member cleans after the oil spillage episode. On the subject of extra towels, the hotel is most delighted to provide our guests with an additional towel when requested and fresh clean towels will be replaced daily once the maid has made up the rooms just like that of other hotel standards.

For guests who wishes to bring a visitor back to their room will be charged a nominal fee ( for security process check ) as we place the welfare our guests’ security and safety as a priority to ensure that the concerned guest as well as other residing guests’ belongings are safely intact after the departure of their visitor.

As practiced by most hotels, we do allow our guests to order food from outside and can delivered to our main entrance to be collected by the guest who had placed the order externally as again, we at the Royal Cliff Hotels Group places our guests’ privacy and security as a top priority and to have a motorbike rider who are generally not hygienically dressed wandering around in the lobby area as well as hotel room corridors jeopardizing security is deemed unacceptable.

I sincerely hope that you will visit us again in the coming future in order for us to extend our genuine hospitality that the Royal Cliff Hotels Group is known for.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2016

spent 5 nights in october. it was off season so there was very few guests which was perfect for us.
the hotel is perfectly located just outside the city center.
you can go downtown any time on a short taxi ride.
all rooms have a superb sea view.
room was big and clean.
staff is very attending to every need.
there are 4 swimming pools. the endless pool is the most beautiful and some times gets crowded.
swimming in the sea of PATTAYA is not recommended because it is not clean.
if you want to get an "island feel" get a privet speed boat just south of the hotel for 2000 baht and go to the nearby island of Koh Lan. go to the south-most beach of the island - Nual beach. its the most clean, quiet and relaxing on the island. you have many sun beds and some small restaurants. for the price you paid you have the speed boat with you all day long. just wave and he takes you back to the hotel just 20 min. away.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience with us and to the other TripAdvisor readers. We appreciate your incredibly kind words.

It was a real pleasure to read your review and to see how much you enjoyed your stay. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations and I am delighted to know that we succeeded on this occasion.

Your gracious comments and praises about our resort as a whole especially on the cleanliness of rooms, staff service quality as well as our swimming pools have been shared with our associates. Your kind words are very motivating for the team and will help us in continuing to strive for excellence in everything we do.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you again for the positive feedback. We hope it won’t be too long before you visit us again! In the meantime, please stay connected with us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. You can also check out our special offers on our website.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights, being English it was really helpful that a lot of the staff understood English and could speak it and if they didn't they would always go and fetch someone who could.

The restaurants were very high quality, breakfast, dinner or tea was very high standard and I especially liked the breakfast buffet as I am a fussy eater. Once again all staff in the restaurants were very accommodating and really went the extra mile. The only thing I would say is that there isn't much choice of English food which isn't good for people like me as I'm terrible at trying new foods. There was however a lot of restaurants to choose from all within walking distance due to the hotels all being so close.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite as it had the best view and the room was very luxurious. Had no faults with the room at all. Loved that it was in walking distance to a quiet beach with water sports and Thai massages and the sound of the waves at night was very relaxing. There was a lot of jellyfish on the beach which made me steer clear of the sea but they do warn you of this.

Favourite thing about this hotel was the pools, there are so many so none are ever really busy or crowded at all and the infinity pools are beautiful, really enjoyed the pool bar too.

Trips from the hotel... the first we chose was a waterpark called Splashdown, DO NOT GO TO THIS WATERPARK, we drove there for 40 minutes, got there and the car park was empty, looked into the 'waterpark' and it looked like it had been constructed in a back garden. Definitely do not recommend. However, we then tried the Cartoon Network waterpark which was tons better and had a brilliant day, if you go to any waterpark, make sure it's that one! We also went elephant trekking which is a must if you haven't done it before as it is incredible experience.

Overall experience in the hotel was 5 star, if I ever find myself back in Pattaya I will definitely be staying at this hotel as it has everything that you could need.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank abbiesmith2016
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience with us and to the other TripAdvisor readers. We appreciate your incredibly kind words. It was great to hear that you were with us for 5 days. Next time do stay longer!

Your gracious comments and praises about our resort especially in the area of the service standards as well as the high quality of food in our restaurants have been shared with our associates. Your kind words are very motivating for the team and will help us in continuing to strive for excellence in everything we do. We are also very delighted to hear that you loved our luxurious room as well as the lovely swimming pools. We always search to partner with attractions around Pattaya which our guests would enjoy and try to negotiate the best deal on your behalf. Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Cartoon Network and Splash Down.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you again for the positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We are looking very much forward to having you here back again! In the meantime, please stay connected with us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. You can also check out our special offers on our website.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Very beautiful view from beach terrace hotel , honey moon suit .
From my room I can stay close to the beach .
However my room is old and not windy.

For breakfast , I think this is lower standard than i've expected .
Maybe because of Long holiday and too many people.
When I move to got some food , the waitress is very hurry clean my desk and only plain bread and few food available.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience with us and to the other TripAdvisor readers. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

On a separate note, it is sad to hear about your disappointment with regards to the issue of the breakfast and thank you very much for your kind understanding that the hotel was very busy during the period of your stay. I truly appreciate your feedback and I have discussed and shared your comment with the concerned team members since it is never our intention to have anyone leave the Royal Cliff Hotels Group feeling anything other than completely satisfied. I would appreciate if you could reach me at prem@royalcliff.com if you ever wish to stay with us or should you need any further assistance, I will personally look after you.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you again for the review on TripAdvisor and the constructive feedback you have shared with us, which will allow us to look into the highlighted area for our improvement and for providing a better service to our valued customers. We hope it won’t be too long before you visit us again! In the meantime, please stay connected with us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. You can also check out our special offers on our website.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Its a good hotel with nice beach and swimming pool. The best part is you are away from the noisy beach road and walking street yet you are close, It takes only 10 mins to reach beach road. The breakfast was good and cafeteria next to reception serves nice coffee and sandwiches.The only negative i felt was non-availability of taxi and hotel taxis used to charge double the normal fare.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience with us and to the other readers. We appreciate your incredibly kind words.

Your gracious comments and praises about our resort as a whole especially having loved the beach and our swimming pool is a delight to know. Our team is very grateful to hear that you had high regards for our breakfast offering as well as enjoyed our delightfully fresh sandwiches as well as freshly brewed coffee at our Bakery Shop in the Lobby.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank you again for the positive feedback and sincerely hope it won’t be too long before you visit us again! In the meantime, please stay connected with us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. You can also check out our special offers on our website.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

With kind regards from the entire team.