“Cheats”

Ranked #25 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Mumbai, India
“Cheats”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We had been there for a Conference and I was sharing the room with a colleague. During check out, to our dismay, we were told that we had consumed a bottle of Orange Juice, which we had not. As proof, they presented an open bottle with may be a sip or two taken from it.
It amazes me how they cheat people so openly. If we had indeed opened the bottle, we would have finished the drink and not leave it back. It was pathetic.
Also an elderly gentlemen from our group was billed for a packet of condoms. No condoms used, but the packet opened - what kind of a charge is that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank GirishMerc
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Firstly, I would just like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is very valuable for us to get our customer’s feedback as it is only by receiving this that we may ascertain whether we are maintaining the very high standards that we have set ourselves here at the hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and thus I am disappointed that you had some issues and challenges with the service from our team at the check-out. I have noted the points made about how the charges for the kiosk were handled during departure with both the room of yourself and indeed your colleague. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment and indeed any embarrassment this has caused to you and your colleague while departing following your stay with us. This has identified a clear training need and you can be assured we will be following up on this with immediate effect. Kind regards, David Cumming
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay, on arrival i was upgraded to an executive suite on the 20th floor with great views over north Pattaya, my suite was on two levels with the upper level boasting a large open plan bed/bath room with electric blinds. i had dinner in the Mantra restaurant which is nothing less then stupendous its decorated out north african style and the food was great. There are two large pools and lots of out side area which is a nice change from cramped pool decks.
All in all a good experience

Room Tip: just about far enough away from the night life madness, but a short ride if you do like a bit of lif...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on our hotel. I am happy to learn that you had a most wonderful stay with us and indeed loved the suite and the view. The view from these top floors is quite exceptional and worth every penny more! Thank you for also the comments on mantra, which is very much a very special place. Kind regards, David Cumming
Huddersfield
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Normally when we visit Pattaya (having been going for 14 years) we book our flight and accommodation separately. However, we found a deal going back to the Amari Orchid were we first stayed 14 years ago, flying with Emirates and costing £900 per person including flight, hotel for two weeks and transfers to and from resort. Too good to miss.
Since we last stayed there, they have built the Ocean Tower which we thought might be very intrusive as the hotel used to be all low level and very secluded with lush tropical gardens. However I have to say that, apart from being overlooked, the Ocean Tower hardly made any difference to our experience. We were glad to see that they had kept the small pool with the built in bar and seating, but had added a much larger pool, raised above ground level, in another area of the grounds. More sunbeds were available than before, these were good quality and comfortable and a nice addition were the sun shaded "booths" added towards the bottom of the hotel which we christened the Agatha Christie booths (a little Evil Under the Sun).
Everything was fine with the rooms, the maid service, the facilities which included tea and coffee facilities (refreshed daily) and proper mugs! Also bathrobes and slippers to wear during your stay (no don't take them home!).
The ONLY drawback was the cost of food, minibar and laundry which we (having been before) avoided. To give some examples a beer in most bars ranges from 50 baht to 100 baht (£1-£2). The hotel minibar were charging 170 baht for a small tin of beer (£3.40). Typically a GOOD breakfast costs outside the hotel 120 to 200 baht (full English with toast, tea/coffee and juice) (£2.40 - £4.00) the Hotel were asking 620 baht (£12.40 for an "American" breakfast.
We normally stay for 6 weeks in the summer so have had to use the laundry services which are numerous in Pattaya. We have got used to this and so have become "light" packers. Normally a typical laundry bill for a mixed amount of clothes (shirts, shorts, trousers etc) would cost us 200-300 baht depending on the clothes (£4-£6) washed, and pressed. We were shocked to find that in the hotel one shirt to be washed and ironed would have been 310 baht (£6.20).
It makes a vast difference when the pennies are pinching like they are these days. Please note I am NOT saying don't use the hotel facilities, I am simply saying that there are much more affordable options as a seasoned visitor to Thailand.
The accommodation and overall "stay" experience was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank SwattyHuddersfield
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on our hotel. I am happy to learn that you had a most wonderful stay with us and indeed loved the room with the balcony and the view over the whole gardens. I noted your comment on the laundry etc and can tell you that only today we have implemented new lower laundry charges to help everyone staying with us. I hope to see you back here very soon. Kind regards, David Cumming
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 August 2012

It's my first time to experience that there is a sea view when i'm doing something sitting in toilet. Sea view is perfect althrough my room is not very straight face to the sea(45 degrees). It's also my first time to sleep with my wife only in a king size bed without my baby becasue receiptionist arrange her an additional small bed just nearby ours free of charge!
The swimming pool, the breakfirst, the polite waiter and the employees everywhere, can extend 2 more hours free to check out, i even can see the smile on the face when she face to a rude guy's argue,..., all of them give me a nice memories during this Pattaya trip stay in Amari Orchid. I'll check in here again for the coming next trip.

Room Tip: Almost every room in the sea tower has the sea view except the only 1 or 2 rooms per floor which jus...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vincent Y
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on our hotel. I am happy to learn that you had a most wonderful stay with us and indeed loved the room and the view! Thank you for also the comments on the supply of the baby cot and the breakfast, which is very much appreciated. Kind regards, David Cumming
Ireland
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed here as part of a big group on two separate occasions for two weeks each stay in 2010 and 2011. We absolutely LOVE this hotel, it is so luxurious and the service is excellent.
We stayed in the Ocean Tower and the rooms are beautiful, so clean and modern with a lovely balcony and ocean view.

The breakfast buffet is the best I have come across, french toast, freshly made waffles, egg stations, just fantastic! We were also lucky enough to have had an amazing pool side buffet dinner there and a meal in the Mantra restaurant and honestly I don't think I'll ever forget how delicious the food was.

The pool area is really lovely - so much so you don't want to leave the hotel grounds. Its well located in a quiet enough area but still walking distance to the shops and hustle and bustle.

I also want to mention David, the general manager, as he went above and beyond to welcome our group on both occasions we stayed, such as leaving surprise birthday cakes and flowers in rooms as two of us celebrated our birthdays there. There is no other hotel I would stay in if I was in Pattaya - in fact I would probably choose Pattaya over other areas in Thailand to visit just so I could stay in the Amari again - I really hope to go back some day.

Thanks David and all the staff for such wonderful holidays & memories!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2cutedogs
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I am happy to learn that we could contribute to another wonderful stay with us and the birthday celebrations were enjoyed by all! The hotel and indeed Mantra are very special places and we are proud of them and take great pride in welcoming guests back year after year. We have made many special friends through the years. I look forward to seeing you back here very soon. Kind regards, David Cumming