Sabai Empress
US$ 133
US$ 103
Agoda.com
Amari Nova Suites Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
US$ 99
US$ 84
US$ 170
US$ 136
US$ 44
Royal Cliff Beach Hotel(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$ 622
Amari Ocean Pattaya(Pattaya)
US$ 171
US$ 95
Agoda.com
All reviewsbig crooftop poolbaht buscorner roomorder food or drinkswalking streetmarina mallbudget hotelsbeach roadideal locationnice place to staymassage parlourscomfortable bedair conmin walkstayed here for nightssoi
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I like a clean Hotel. The Empress has wooden floors that are wiped every day. The breakfast buffet needs a little improvement in the quality of food offered. The free Wi-Fi works well and I had no problem with the service. The rooms are large and comfortable. Bed is on the hard side.
Will stay here again. Value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from second road
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ozmuth
Reviewed 12 January 2012

In this trip I had my teenage girls whith me, and the only complain they had about the hotel, was the name. They did not like the assisoation with the body massage place. The hotel was very nice, the staff was friendly, nice pool on the roof, and we did not hear the trafic on second road, evan if we had our rooms in 2nd floor.
Nice place to stay, if u are not addicted to walking street. Hard in peakseson to get tuktuk (both places beachroad and secondroad), all are full and the traficjam are bad.........in maintime

Room Tip: We only stay there for two nights, and had nothing to complain about the rooms, it was very very good I guess as higher u get, the better it is. We was happy with the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DjAnders
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel needs to send their staff to a customer service class and figure out how to treat customers and resolve issues. My friend and I booked our hotel together through ---------. When we got to the hotel however, he got his room, and they somehow lost my reservations. So to solve the problem they had to book me in another one of their hotels. The other hotel was only two minutes away, but it was very inconvenient for the both of us. This was our first time to Pattaya, we didn't know what to do, and we didn't have Thai phones (the hotel also charges for room to room calls, I'm sure hotel to hotel would have been more). So organizing and planning that day and night was very inconvenient. On top of that, I had to wait a couple hours for them to clean my room.

When I finally get the key to my room, they inform me that I would have to check out of that hotel the next day and check into the original hotel after. I don't know what was more inconvenient, being at different hotels from my friend or moving around and waiting around for two days. Not being able to unpack and get situated.

The next day I left my hotel at around 9:00 to check-in to the original hotel. When I got to the receptionist, they told me I had to wait for my room to be cleaned again. Then they started making me feel like it was my fault for checking out of the other hotel before 12:00. So they basically wanted me to stay there till 12:00, check out, wait until 2:00 for check in, and then go up to my room. So they expected me to kill half my day waiting around again for their mistake. When I got angry for the inconvenience, they started arguing back to me and telling me that I should read the check-in times and check-out times. This is all when I was suppose to be a guest at their hotel YESTERDAY. I shouldn't have needed to check in and out a day after my reservation. Needless to say, I was livid at that point.

One more thing to ----- about before I get into the actual review of the hotel... We were being picked up from the hotel at 4:00 to go to the airport, so my friend asked for a late checkout. The front desk informed him that the cost would be 500 baht for the late checkout (half-day). My friend said ok and we stayed till 3:30. When he checked out, the front desk charged him 1500 baht. That was basically the cost for a full night. I really don't know about this hotel and their business practices.

As for as the hotel, it was very clean and nice. The location was kind of far from the major night life area there. They had a bar and restaurant on the lobby floor. The bar closed really early though at around 6 maybe. They also had a sign posted on the wall in the lobby that said that you couldn't bring outside food or drinks which I thought was ridiculous. I can understand if it's an all inclusive resort, but they expected us to only eat their food and drink their mini bar drinks?

The top floor had a small swimming pool with a bar. The bar was shut down however and you needed to call down for any food an drinks. The view from the top floor was nice. You could see the ocean from there.

The rooms were very big, clean, and modern. It had a king size bed, flat screen tv, in-room safe, small refrigerator, and desk. The bathrooms were big. It had both a shower and a bathtub. The room service food was priced well and was pretty good. The hotel also offered free breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet and featured basic american style food and drinks.

This hotel was very clean and nice. The rooms were big and modern. The location was on the complete opposite end of the main area of pattaya. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay in a quieter area, a nice hotel, and a staff that doesn't know a thank you from a ---- off.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank xbreadboyx
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I'm usually in Pattaya for long stays and normally rent a condo but fancied a weekend with the lads as some friends were in town whilst I was stuck up-country with the in-laws. A friend of mine living in Pattaya recommended the Sabai Empress based purely on the location and the fact it's relatively new (around 18 months old) and I managed to get a very competitive room rate by calling the hotel direct.

Rooms are basic but spacious and clean. This isn't a luxury hotel by any means but considering the price the rooms are excellent value. I had a smoking room on a high floor and didn't suffer from any traffic noise at all. The only slight problem was the connecting doors between the rooms were of typical Thai craftsmanship and had a half inch gap at the top and bottom which meant that noise carried easily between adjacent rooms. Unfortunately as someone who enjoys a good lie in after a heavy night out I was adjacent to an early riser who effectively acted as my alarm clock during my brief stay!

The location is good, Big C is just opposite with a host of shops and restaurants along with a cinema, beer bars abound along this stretch of second road and the baht-bus route runs right past.

The hotel staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful should you need anything.

I'd certainly have no qualms staying here again if I fancy a short stay in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct. I was able to negotiate a better rate than that available on the net.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Staff are exceptionally pleasant and a pleasure to deal with. This hotel gets my vote for my preferred abode in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are less noisy, but to be fair there is fullscale construction underway next door so a certain amount of noise is unavoidable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends