“A good hotel in good location.”
Review of Sabai Empress

Sabai Empress
Ranked #151 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Co Durham
“A good hotel in good location.”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel is recent built and kept clean. We stayed in a corner room which was large had a bath, shower and a huge hard but comfortable bed. There is a kettle and a fridge and supplied three complimentary bottles of drinking water every day. There is no hairdryer and no tea bags. The bedding is changed every day. The air conditioning worked very well. There is a large HD television which shows English language films and programmes. Not a lot of coat hangers. The breakfasts offered a large choice, fruit, cereal, fresh eggs, fried omlette, juice, water, tea, coffee, rice dishes and spice choices. The bacon and sausage were not great but not really expected to be. There is a roof top pool which is small but usually has plenty of sun beds for everyone when we were there it was usually quiet until mid afternoon. Food and drinks can be purchased by using the telephone at poolside and promptly delivered. Not expensive and good quality. We found the staff to be very friendly and courteous. The majority of the guests were Asian golfers who were seldom seen other than at breakfast, late in the stay there was an influx of Russians, as there is everywhere in Pattaya, who are not charming do not possess manners and can be ignorant, no offence intended to decent Russians. There were Thai girl guests in the hotel. The hotel is located on Road 2 junction Soi 1. A great location for bars, food, shopping and very cheap Baht bus travel in and out of Pattaya centre. Yes the road is loud 24 x 7 and you will hear traffic noise. The rock and roll bar closed on the day we were leaving. My wife and I had no problems with the hotel or staff and would stop again and probably will if we return to Pattaya.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are large and comfortable but are on the front.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Noosa Heads
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I like a clean Hotel. The Empress has wooden floors that are wiped every day. The breakfast buffet needs a little improvement in the quality of food offered. The free Wi-Fi works well and I had no problem with the service. The rooms are large and comfortable. Bed is on the hard side.
Will stay here again. Value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from second road
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ozmuth
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 12 January 2012

In this trip I had my teenage girls whith me, and the only complain they had about the hotel, was the name. They did not like the assisoation with the body massage place. The hotel was very nice, the staff was friendly, nice pool on the roof, and we did not hear the trafic on second road, evan if we had our rooms in 2nd floor.
Nice place to stay, if u are not addicted to walking street. Hard in peakseson to get tuktuk (both places beachroad and secondroad), all are full and the traficjam are bad.........in maintime

Room Tip: We only stay there for two nights, and had nothing to complain about the rooms, it was very very goo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DjAnders
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a great hotel on second road opposite the Big C shopping centre.

I spent six weeks at the hotel from mid November to the end of December, was very impressed with all aspects of the property.

The rooms are a good size and well designed with modern and contemporary furniture.

Flat screen TV in the room with all the usual connections, HDMI USB etc.

Lights and air con are controlled from a console next to the bed.

Although the hotel is located on a busy road the rooms have great sound`proofing and I never once heard any noise from outside, I was in my room during the first night of the Pattaya Fireworks competition and did not hear a thing!

The hotel has a roof top pool, this is a real sun trap and a great place to relax and soak up the sun, its not a huge roof top pool and has sunbeds for about 15 people. Whilst I was there it was generally quiet until about 13.00

The staff at the hotel are friendly and courteous at all times and I cannot fault them in any way.

The restaurant was great, I ate there regularly , especially enjoyed the Phad Thai and the Tom Yum soups.

I have been travelling to this resort for several years, although this was my first time at this hotel it will not be my last stay here, it is the best hotel that I have stayed in whilst in Pattaya.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lychgate
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel needs to send their staff to a customer service class and figure out how to treat customers and resolve issues. My friend and I booked our hotel together through ---------. When we got to the hotel however, he got his room, and they somehow lost my reservations. So to solve the problem they had to book me in another one of their hotels. The other hotel was only two minutes away, but it was very inconvenient for the both of us. This was our first time to Pattaya, we didn't know what to do, and we didn't have Thai phones (the hotel also charges for room to room calls, I'm sure hotel to hotel would have been more). So organizing and planning that day and night was very inconvenient. On top of that, I had to wait a couple hours for them to clean my room.

When I finally get the key to my room, they inform me that I would have to check out of that hotel the next day and check into the original hotel after. I don't know what was more inconvenient, being at different hotels from my friend or moving around and waiting around for two days. Not being able to unpack and get situated.

The next day I left my hotel at around 9:00 to check-in to the original hotel. When I got to the receptionist, they told me I had to wait for my room to be cleaned again. Then they started making me feel like it was my fault for checking out of the other hotel before 12:00. So they basically wanted me to stay there till 12:00, check out, wait until 2:00 for check in, and then go up to my room. So they expected me to kill half my day waiting around again for their mistake. When I got angry for the inconvenience, they started arguing back to me and telling me that I should read the check-in times and check-out times. This is all when I was suppose to be a guest at their hotel YESTERDAY. I shouldn't have needed to check in and out a day after my reservation. Needless to say, I was livid at that point.

One more thing to ----- about before I get into the actual review of the hotel... We were being picked up from the hotel at 4:00 to go to the airport, so my friend asked for a late checkout. The front desk informed him that the cost would be 500 baht for the late checkout (half-day). My friend said ok and we stayed till 3:30. When he checked out, the front desk charged him 1500 baht. That was basically the cost for a full night. I really don't know about this hotel and their business practices.

As for as the hotel, it was very clean and nice. The location was kind of far from the major night life area there. They had a bar and restaurant on the lobby floor. The bar closed really early though at around 6 maybe. They also had a sign posted on the wall in the lobby that said that you couldn't bring outside food or drinks which I thought was ridiculous. I can understand if it's an all inclusive resort, but they expected us to only eat their food and drink their mini bar drinks?

The top floor had a small swimming pool with a bar. The bar was shut down however and you needed to call down for any food an drinks. The view from the top floor was nice. You could see the ocean from there.

The rooms were very big, clean, and modern. It had a king size bed, flat screen tv, in-room safe, small refrigerator, and desk. The bathrooms were big. It had both a shower and a bathtub. The room service food was priced well and was pretty good. The hotel also offered free breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet and featured basic american style food and drinks.

This hotel was very clean and nice. The rooms were big and modern. The location was on the complete opposite end of the main area of pattaya. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay in a quieter area, a nice hotel, and a staff that doesn't know a thank you from a ---- off.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends