5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Priceline$34
Hotels.com$37
Travelocity$37
All reviews nice hotel coat hangers room cleaning soi buakhao comfy bed nice breakfast recommend this hotel swimming pool is bars and restaurants small balcony great place to stay nice pool baht bus facilities tv quarantine motorbike
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2020

we had 10 people stay amber was grear lovely rooms the only downside we left hotel 9am for golf rtn at 4 pm rooms not cleaned spoke to the cleaner who said she is the only cleaner.. you have many staff doing nothing all day get them to help clean rooms we have 12 people coming 25th oct .... please get the rooms cleaned on time

the rest of hotel was great ... beds perfect .tv good just sort room cleaning

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
ATMIND GROUP, Marketing at Hotel Amber Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2020

Dear Tubbies6,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience.
I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
Best regards
Mr.Pichaya Chulajarit

Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

This hotel has plenty going for it. Great location while still being quiet, well designed and thought out, comfortable rooms, good facilities and not too big like a generic resort. But something felt off and I would put it down to the lack of warmth. I found the service to be lacking. Extremely inflexible and somewhat cold. My experience throughout the hotel (including the reservation process) did not make me feel welcomed at all. Staff in the restaurant and the bell boys were more busy playing with their phones than looking out for guests. I understand the hotel wasn’t busy but playing with phones while on duty really looks lazy and unprofessional. Front desk was extremely inflexible and severely lacking in warmth. Low empowerment by the staff who would say “my manager say no” or “I have a boss and my manager is very strict”

The hotel has a 24 hour stay policy for the weekdays meaning you can check out the same time that you had checked in. They refused to honour it and tried to get out of it using technicalities. No follow up on the matter whatsoever despite the hotel being fairly empty.

I tried using the pool one time and was told by the staff it was closed for a photography session. When I finally got a sun bed in the corner and out of their way, I was met with dirty glares from the photographers and staff which made my 20 mins in the sun most uncomfortable. When the photography started getting close to me, I decided to get out of their way and leave. 4 of them just glared at me as I walked not. No smile, no thank you - just annoyed looks following me as I walked past them.

Housekeeping is atrocious. Nothing was replenished and my room had hair everywhere. I mean clumps of long hair and dust everywhere. I even showed it to the team. Not much remorse shown. Mainly blank looks. The next day, I thought they would have done a better job but it was even worse. They simply made the bed and nothing else. I was out all day with the “make up the room” sign hanging on the door. When I returned at 4pm, they hadn’t done my room. I could see that the few rooms they were tending to had checked out which seemed like poor planning. That was why I had to go down to the pool which had the the photography session! The hotel tried to give this impression that it is clean and disinfected (for these unfortunate covid-19 times). I do not believe it. Based on the looks of the staff and housekeeping, there is no way they are adhering to cleaning standards.

This hotel was good value so I would cut it some slack. However the points I mentioned above don’t cost anything. It is just about the attitude. Their smiles and wais were felt fake. Many staff were very engrossed with their phones and overall not caring much about their guests. Showing a warm welcome, treating guests with care, compassion and grace is all free. It is just a matter of understanding that showing some grace to a guest is a privilege and not duty.

I would have brought this all up with someone in charge but I couldn’t tell who it was and frankly, I was not in the mood to get riled up with their defensive and lackadaisical reaction.

Would definitely go back again if their attitude changes.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank mralantan
ATMIND GROUP, Marketing at Hotel Amber Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Dear Mralantan,
Thank you for taking the time to share detailed feedback following your recent stay.
We regret to hear about that our staff made your upset & looks lazy , unprofessional and cleaning process.
Please accept our apologies and kindly be informed that we have shared your feedback with our team for immediate action plan. At Hotel Amber Pattaya, we take guest’s satisfaction very seriously.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Amber Pattaya in the very near future.

Best regards,
Pichaya C.
Management team

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

pattaya during covid is very special. the beaches are empty and clean (almost) and the hotels provide nice promotions. one could think the service level would be according to the prices the hotels offer and my experiences have been mixed. but the amber hotel in pattaya is an example of how to make guests cone back. the amber hotel provided excellent service, friendly staff, clean rooms and a good ambiance dispite covid and all restrictions. congratulations to the management and i will definitely will be back to the amber hotel when i come to pattaya again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank rainerstaub
ATMIND GROUP, Marketing at Hotel Amber Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2020

Dear Valued Guests

Thank you for sharing this very nice review with us on Tripadvisor.com.
It’s a real pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hospitality. Your comment or review is very valuable to us.

We do appreciate your recommendation about your stay and, in particular, of staff members, that made you a significant comfortable stay.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to Hotel Amber Pattaya for your next stay.

Best regards,

Management Team

Reviewed 1 August 2020

I love this hotel, I have stated many times, but this visit was different. I saw an option on agoda for a 'room selected on arrival' option.it sounded interesting and was more expensive than a standard room. Standard room also included breakfast this offer did not. So of icurse I expected an upgrade or something for the extra money, or I woukd have chose the cheaper option. We arrive at the hotel and are told we get a standard room, city view. I was very polite and asked about the option I chose. It was explained that it was Agodas fault. I then spoke to the manager who told me a 3rd party company had resold the room to me. They just blamed Agoda. I said surely it was up to he managers discretion how he deals with it. The hotel was empty. He offered no help, no solution, no better room, nothing. Just said he can't help. We'll, this is the worst way to deal with an issue like this. It is obvious what D to do, you upgrade the guest. You have an empty hotel and you have no explanation of charging me more and giving me less. I prime example of terrible service and the last time I stey at the hotel unless the management is addressed. A real shame as the hotel is fantastic and a great deal. The service from the manager of the hotel, terrible.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank James P
ATMIND GROUP, Marketing at Hotel Amber Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Dear James P,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Amber Pattaya for your holidays.
We apologize for any inconvenience, We have already made a complaint to our partners regarding the opening of such type of rooms.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome and take care of your customers in The next holiday
Best Regards
Mr.Pichaya Chulajarit

Reviewed 20 June 2020

Originally booked for 2 night x 2 rooms, arrived and parked in open parking space, was asked to move into garage in basement, checked in and The Mind Group being a reasonably large group wouldn't accept my Amex Card. No greetings no drink on arrival as stated on website. Had requested connecting rooms, but no so kids slept next room, room it self was spacious and looked new, but lacked detail clenaing, stains and marks everywhere. Breakfast was average but fresh, egg station cook and female cook very unfriendly, service staff however were helpful and i had bought some avacados and they made smoothie for me, without any fuss. On the 2nd day we decided to extend stay by 1 more night...it would have been quicker to have done it on the website, then they insisted we paid right away, so I went down to pay and the process started all iver again, even having informed the very rude front office manager K. Beam. On Checked out to speed the process i went down first while the rest were few minutes behind, and The very same Mr. Beam wouldn't even entertain to check me out until as he claimed everyone was out of the rooms. Well i waited then had to wait again for house keeping to check the room. O find it strange he couldn't check us out, as the day we checked in there was no electricity and they asked all departing guests to checkout the night before. Strange.... they had left the room yet... K. Beam's and one of the female staff at reception was very bad, basically not worried or interested in customer issues. The Mind Group or the GM should do something about this these 2 staff and the cooks as well as housekeepubg staff are giving this nice property a bad name.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank mikegK9206DW
atmindgroup, Manager at Hotel Amber Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

Dear MikegK9206DW.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that our staff made your upset. I will improve the service mind to our staff.
Please , Let me explain ..
Room inspection procedures If there are guests in the room, the staff will not check. As for credit cards, we apologize for the inconvenience.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome and take care of your customer in The next holiday
Best regards