“Great place to stay”

Ranked #130 of 531 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Fredericton, New Brunswick
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This is a great hotel for the money. I have stayed there 4 times this year. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great....a short baht bus ride to Walking street and a little longer to Soi six but also very quiet at night. The perfect combination. Very guest friendly. Large very clean rooms. Nice pool, great food at reasonable prices. Mini bar stocked with guests in mind and very well priced. Many ammenities just outside the door...massage...beer bars...mini mart...ATM...etc...Great value...great staff ... great rooms. I will be back there again soon. Do not waste your time looking for something better in that area...this is the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank SooSteelers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Uga, Spain
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I use to be a strong advocate of the Sunview place mainly because of the price. But now its not good. The air conditioning is so bad there. They showed me and my buddy other rooms but we could not be pleased. Poor air con maintenace has resulted in the air con being totally unnaceptable. We gave them an option of allowing us to leve the air con in our rooms one while we were away from the hotel so that it could cool the room down - they would not do that because it costs money to run them. They did however think it was ok to stay in the room all day waiting for the air con to cool the room down. We left the hotel and lost the first days rent. I am very dissapointed for them - i have stayed at this place no less than 6 times over the last 3 years - they have lost me and my reccomendations to others.

The good thing is that because we were in need for a room we were open to looking around and found many hotels nearby at same or lower rates with better facilities and working air cons.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whitepointer

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Reviewed 6 February 2010

I stayed here for a couple of nights in Jan 2010 and compared to other places with swiming pools in the 750-1000 baht price range I rate this place very highly.New , clean, comforable.The staff are a little surly and beware - right now next door is a noisy building site.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank Glahamuk
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2009

After walking down Soi Buakhao for a while looking for somewhere to stay I settled on this place... it looked bigger and fresher than the other accommodation options in the vicinity, the price was competitive, and I was tired of looking for something better.
I managed to negotiate a small discount off the rate quoted to me by the front counter staff, and my room was spacious. The front counter staff weren't the friendliest bunch I'd ever encountered, but I didn't have any unpleasantries or anything like that. It was nice to get a greeting from the security guard at the front steps whenever I left or arrived back.
The first room that I had came with a faulty hot water system, and I didn't discover that until I was having a shower in the morning. I managed to survive, and notified the hotel staff of the problem. After checking to see that it couldn't be fixed, I was given the room next door, however no other restitution was offered for the inconvenience.
Other than that, the rooms were clean, tastefully decorated and had all the basic conveniences you would expect including TV (check that it picks up all the channels and that it works properly, the one in my 2nd room seemed to be a little tired!), air-con, hot shower, western-style toilet, washbasin, wardrobes, fridge, in-room safe, balcony (though I would imagine the view from the pool view rooms is much nicer!). The rooms aren't brand new, so don't expect that "modern style" means "new and modern" but they are liveable and good value for money. The hotel also has a lift, and a moderately sized swimming pool and spa/jacuzzi, which the staff might be nice enough to turn on if you ask nicely and remind them that you would expect a refund if you can't use the facilities you've paid for.....
There is a computer with internet access in the lobby, during busy periods they ask that you limit your usage to 30 minutes, but you can easily find an internet cafe and some nice cheap restaurants if you walk to the southern end of Soi Buakhao and turn right into what I think is Pattaya South Road.
In terms of location, it's not really within convenient walking distance to the beach or to Walking Street but I hired a motorbike and got around easily enough. The hotel provides a little parking area out the front. There was a 7/11 pretty much across the road. Next to the 7/11 there was a bar which seemed to have a Russian euro-disco CD on repeat all day, with girls sitting out the front at night looking for new prey, which is typical of Pattaya.
Overall I found Sunview Place to be a value-for-money option. There are several accommodation options in the Soi Buakhao area, and also on Soi Lemkee which is a little north and intersects Soi Buakhao. If you don't want to be "right in the middle of the action" but not too far from it then it's a good option, but if you're happy to stay somewhere without a pool and lift then there are cheaper options available in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo