Ruen Come In
US$ 43
Priceline
US$ 71
Priceline
All reviewsteak woodcooking classtuk tuknorthern thai cuisineold cityyoga retreatlanna stylebusiness cardbeautiful hoteltaxi riderose petalsbig bathroomour honeymoonbreakfast each morningfantastic staypad thaiseparate shower
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here in April for 5 nights. The garden, pool and rooms are beautiful. They are done in a Lanna style using teak wood. The garden is full of orchids and beautiful tree ferns. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Everything about our stay was perfect.

The food was great in the morning. I ate sticky rice and pork for breakfast almost every day. They also offer pad thai, eggs on toast with bacon, miso soup and rice porridge etc. Plus fruit from their organic farm.

We took the free bicycles they keep onsite and went exploring in the city - about a 10min cycle into town. The hotel is a little out of the centre, but it was lovely and quite- perfect for relaxing. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

The rooms are clean and spacious, but the part where this hotel really made the difference was the service. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Especially the man behind the reception. Such an honest and genuine guy!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I traveled to Thailand in November 2017 and stayed in this hotel during my visit to Chiang Mai. I have to say this placed surprised me. They received us with a delicious welcoming drink. The front desk person was very polite, kind, knowledgeable, and fluent in English. The room was clean and the design of it was beautiful. Very tropical cabin-like feeling. Only water is complimentary. The view was not so great. They were doing some kind of construction work so the view was not very exciting when coming out to the balcony but the environment was not noisy at all. To the contrary, there was a very peaceful and relax environment all around. The WiFi connection was good. In my opinion, the location was great. It is located about 20min from the airport and about 8 minutes from the famous Maya mall. It is far away from crowded tourist areas but still close to some attractions and night markets. A little far away from some of the main temples but not too bad. There’s not much to do around the hotel but you do get to live a very local experience since the area is more residential, so my main advice would be to let the front desk person know in advance when you need transportation and he would call an Uber for you or just use your Uber app. Definitely have your Uber app available since Chiang Mai is all about Ubers, motorcycles, the red public bus, and tuk tuks. Since I was not familiar with the red bus I opted for using Uber to get around since tuk Tuks can be very pricey. The breakfast included is delicious but the options are very limited so I would keep in mind that they might just give you 2-3 breakfast options and it might be difficult to accommodate to specific diets (gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, etc...) but there’s always fruit available. Also, there is not a front desk person 24/7 but the owner is on site if you need anything. (Side note, I am a vegetarian and I happened to find a restaurant called Anchan. It is delicious!!! It is super close and if you look it up it will take you to a really nice area with lots of restaurants choices and nice environment.) Overall, I would absolutely recommend this place to stay in Chiang Mai ,especially, if you would like to have a more local experience and peaceful stay away from crowds. I would totally book here again. Hope this review helps you a bit and I hope you have an amazing trip!!! I assure you you will fall in love with Chiang Mai!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darling1889
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Where to start, there are so many positive things about this hotel. Emailed late the night before arriving to ask about airport pick up not really expecting a reply as such short notice but early next morning had a reply and set up pick up for 200B. Once we arrived check in was a breeze and given a cold coconut welcome. Our room was on the ground floor with a sitting area out front and a back door to another sitting area with a clothes rack to dry swim suits. Spotlessly clean, well maintained with polished dark wood floors. Big tv with English channels, fridge and minibar. AC and wifi worked great. Large bathroom with amenities, hair dyer and makeup mirror. Separate shower and big bathtub. The staff are super friendly and smiling. Pat the owner is extremely helpful and sat us down our first day with a city map and pointed out things we might want to see. He helped us book our bus tickets to Chaing Rai. He even phoned around town to try and find a place that would exchange the left over Laos kips we still had as we discovered not many places will exchange them for baht. Pat answered all our questions and we had a lot always with a smile. The breakfast in the morning was delicious with Asian and western options and big portions, the pad Thai was awesome. You never went away hungry. The pool was cool and clean and nice to cool off after a day in the heat of the city. There is a garden area and is in a quiet area. The only small negative is it is a bit far from the old city but we like walking so was not an issue for us. They have bicycles you can use for free as well. Would recommend this hotel highly. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have stayed here several times over the last few years and it is a lovely oasis of calm in busy Chiang Mai with a beautiful garden, lovely restaurant and best of all, the amazing teak house. I feel inspired in this hotel which is not something I can say about others. It is a great place to wind down, do some work, rest and is not far from the activities in Chiang Mai and the surrounding area.

Over the years, the service has been consistent, the food is wonderful including vegetables and rice from their farm. Northern Thai cuisine is featured and prepared very, very well. What else can I say? They are expanding so hopefully there will still be plenty of room for everyone who wants to stay here. The hotel is quieter than other hotels I have stayed in before I discovered Ruen Come In. However, it is a busy city so there will be the noise of life (vehicles, dogs and some lovely birds).

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house and the new wing will be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo