Review Highlights
Amazing!

Oh my god - best traditional thai massage I ever had! Never happened to me before that an hour felt... read more

Reviewed 9 December 2017
utiste
Berlin, Germany
via mobile
nice ambiance

a nice place to have a massage. the smell and ambiance inside the place is very calm and soothing... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2017

from US$ 131.60
from US$ 181.70
from US$ 53.20
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2016

After attempting to get into Green Bamboo multiple times without success, we stumbled upon Phurin. It looks great from he outside, and I can now say it's equally as great on the inside.

The quiet vibe starts from the moment you walk in. They serve iced tea to cool down your body, washed your feet, and lead you upstairs to your treatment room. Afterwards they serve hot tea and homemade chips.

I appreciate good a/c during the midday sun. No one speaks during the treatment (often an issue I have at other massage parlors). They have a wide range of scents to choose from depending on your treatment. We did the head, shoulders, back treatment on day 1. On day 2, we did a two hour treatment of reflexology and traditional thai massage. Wow, these ladies are strong and good.

The price is a little higher, but it's probably the difference of $1USD. I had no issue paying that price and left feeling amazing both days. We walked in both times. I liked not having to commit to an appointment when I was on vacation. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Ive visited many spa before and this was good combination of price and expected quality. Clean place, good skilled staff (i had 2 different massagers ). They work until 10pm but despite i came 10 min later they didn't refuse me the 1h servise.
The main advice here you have to find proper skillful person who will understand your needs.So this place can be the good option.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Yaknatik
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Great place for thaï massage ... Friendly staff, clean place, very warm welcome, excellent massage and good price !! You should definitely good to this place instead of the thousands of other places where they try to get you in !!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I was there with my friend. We've been welcomed so sincerely with a cup of tea and a footbath. We decided for a traditonal thai massage. We both have been massaged by two very friendly and skillfully ladies at the same time.
This is the perfect place to calm down and relax.
We absolutely recommend this place.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Our plane was delayed by 2 hours, so we decided to take on a tuktuk and went back to the city.
This spa was around the corner of our hotel Sirilanna and the receptionist has recommended us to try this one before, so we decided to do a one-hour traditional thai massage for 300B each.

Since it's 10am in the morning, it seems they were not ready to get our business. It took a while for them to figure out which massage therapist would serve us and a while for them to bring out the bill in the end.
Here is our feeling
1. Clean facility without fancy setting like the other two spas we tried, but looks very neat and tidy compared to those places offering cheap massages.
2. price is half for the same service than the fancy spas
3. we got a foot scrub and small dessert similar to the fancy spas
4. we went to top floor where our section was sealed by floor to ceiling blinds not a real room.
5. we didn't fill in a questionnaire as we did for the other two spas, but the therapist was pretty good as estimating how heavy the pressures could be, and where to focus.
6. both my husband and I agreed they had the best skills out of the 3 places we tried.

I think their English is not as good, and they are not advanced on computer/internet either. This could explain why they were not recommended by a lot of people. But to us, it's a no frill place gives you very good massage for a decent price (300B =10USD), great value. And I believe there could be a lot more places just like this in chiang mai. Keep an open mind and try them.

Date of experience: March 2016