“Rude staff & very poor publicly visible food hygiene. ”

Rock Me Burgers & Bar
Ranked #138 of 2,656 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The lengendary real Home-made Hamburgers With Rock n Roll ambience locating in Loikroh street and Nimmanhaemin area
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a disappointment, this place used to be good. We sat down at a slightly rickety table and we're handed the menus. After deliberating we chose Super heaven and the Angus boy, the manager took our order and pointed out that the Angus had run out so I opted for the standard burger. We also ordered the carbanara. The manager was very professional and polite. There is a certain greasyness about the condoment bottles and also the menus. My burger arrived first and it's presentation was not as the menu or as I remember it previously. I started by tasting one of the "hand cut frys" they also are a different shape and don't look hand cut anymore but to my shock my chip was soggy and cold, I touched another and sure enough thy were all cold. I called over the waitress and she said she would sort it however her tone was not pleasant and I started to worry. Rock Me Burger is unusual in the kitchen is outside at the front of the restaurant. I decided to see how they were treating my burger while they 'fixed' the chips. As I walked through the doors all I could hear was that unpleasant waitress gossiping about me with her colleagues, that not bad enough the manager was just stood there listening and remember this is a public area! How rude talking your customers down in front of other customers. I then noticed that to keep my burger hot they had put the whole thing bun and all on the flat plate. I said that was not sufficient as the meat would get cold and it was bad food hygiene practice. At this point the waitress was mocking and mimicking me very rude indeed, my partners order then came out and this rude dispicable waitress said I better check thouse chips are hot she put her fingers all over the chips while the chef held the plate. I said are you serious you just handed the food, do you know anything about food hygiene? The reply was "l know everything". Don't forget all of this in front of the manager who did not say a word, until that is I said "right I'm out of here" back to the table and we started heading out. But the manager stopped us and asked us to pay for our partially drunk drinks. 1 star is now far to much for this place, what a pity it used to be one of if not the best burger joint in Chiang Mai. Avoid if you care even slightly about food hygiene and being insulted by the rude waitress. To the owner: one bad waitress like this can bring your business down, if they insult customers their colleagues might start to follow suit. My advice get rid and try to repair your reputation before its too late.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So, I was craving a burger, walking in. Unfortunately it was already very late to eat so heavy. So I tried the Caesar salad with Onsen Egg, different for me but definitely loved it! My wife chose the Rock Me Wings, also very tasty! Enjoyed the ambiance and service we received. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After weeks of curries, stifrys and soups this is just what we needed. My husband got the double stack beef burger medium & absolutely devoured it. I got the kimchi chicken burger and it was really nice. The chicken was actually chicken thigh instead of breast so it was thin and juicy. The crispy coating was crisp and dipped in a spicy sauce. At home all chicken burgers are made with the breast which sometimes makes eating them hard but I quite liked the chicken thigh instead. They come with wedge fried which were great. I got the kiwi & soda drink which was unreal. I could have had 5 of them. All together our bill was $355 baht. We got the last table in the house so we were at the back. The kitchen is actually outside on the street which was kind of cool. I would go again if I needed a fix of home.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are really looking for a true taste of burger, try this restaurant. The patties they use in their menus, have unique taste which you ll never find anywhere else in town. the restaurant has 2 branches at 2 great location.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If your in need of a burger fix then thid place certainly fits the bill. The burger was tasty and a good size and the place seemed pretty clean. Service was a bit slow and muddled. Price wise cheap by western standards but you can certainly eat better for less elsewhere.