Smile House Guest House
US$ 175
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$ 119
US$ 177
US$ 170
US$ 45
HolidayInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night upon arriving in Chiang Mai. The rooms are nothing special, and at 500 baht a complete ripoff. The "pools" are a joke too, as one was totally disgusting, and the other was also dirty. The WiFi service also didn't work, in the room or in the lobby. I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Smile house is conveniently located and reasonably priced. The pool and hang out area are comfy and nice. They book tours- we did the elephants trekking and bamboo rafts and it was only medium as far as the staff but we had fun. Rooms are pretty basic, beds are not great. We stayed in an air con room for $700 and room looked more like 500, but still clean and adequate. Fan rooms $400, a better value. Beware making reservations on their website- mine didn't work and I had no room when I showed up the second time I was going to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The rooms are basic and the bed was uncomfortable with springs poking into back and mosquitoes bothering me at night.
For the price you can find much better rooms if you just look around a bit. The next day I was in a hotel about 5x better for the same price.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This was probably my favourtie Hostel Ive stayed in. My boyfriend and I stayed here at the begining our trip and both really love it. Its a very good location, and its clean, plus its one of the only local hostel's with a pool. We had a double room, that was all white and had open sky light windows, with mozi nets, it was really pretty and cost 300TBH a night. I would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMA_86
Reviewed 9 January 2012

After staying for four nights at 3Sis, my travel companion and I struck out to find cheaper accomodations for another five nights in Chiang Mai. The room we found at Smile House, at THB 700/night, was less than half of what we paid at 3Sis. Smile House was, indeed, more basic, and breakfast was not included, but it was still a satisfying stay.

I wanted a quieter place, and got it at Smile House, which is located off a lightlly travelled alley and very close to a bunch of useful places: motorcycle rental, restaurants, bars, massage places, coffee shops. The bed was fine and the TV worked (only Thai channnels). There were a few niggly things, like a bathroom with no ventilation and a lukewarm shower, an AC that might not cut it in the hot season, and some noise from the room above ours.

Although it's called Smile House, I think one of the desk managers there tried not to smile on purpose. Ironically, though, she was very helpful and arranged for us a delightful cooking class and bus tickets to Chiang Rai. Unlike 3Sis, which processed a four-night room charge upon check-in, Smile House let us pay by the day.

The pool is small and was cold when we were there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family