My wife and I went to Ayatana for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time there. Since it was late January the hotel was almost empty. There were only a handful of other guests. All in all, we found the hotel to be very clean, peaceful, aesthetically comforting, and wonderfully served. Other reviews mention the mosquito problem. Yes, there are mosquitoes here, but you'll find that every hotel in Chiang Mai has mosquito problems. Just read reviews on any other hotel, and you'll see those complaints there as well. The hotel has plenty of water features, but they do an excellent job of running bubbling fountains in the water all through the day. This seems to help control the mosquitoes. They also provided a very convenient (and romantic looking) mosquito net around the bed. All in all, we only got a few bites in our two days here.
The bubbly fountains also kept the hotel very peaceful. When we were in our room, we couldn't hear anything outside. When we ate at the pool-side tables, we couldn't hear any conversation from other tables. It was wonderful!
The breakfast was fantastic! They offered made to order omelets, different types of breads, fruits, fresh fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee, and cereal. We had both of our evening meals at the hotel as well. The western food wasn't amazing, but the Asian dishes were fantastic.
The hotel really isn't that far from the city. They offer two shuttle buses into the night market area each day (10 AM and 7:30 PM). Also, it's only a ten minute walk to one of the main roads in town. So, it's quite easy to get down to a 7-11, other restaurants, laundry service, etc.
Great price, great service, great ambiance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your six senses in the land of Ayatana. Ayatana Hamlet and Spa, Chiang Mai, is a small, friendly and comfortable hotel designed and decorated in the northern Lanna style. AS you walk in from the city to this little hideaway, a welcome smile awaits you and willing hands attend to your every need throughout your stay. Whether relaxing by the pool, enjoying a good meal or simply spending quiet time in your artistically designed room, you are guaranteed a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your B2 Ayatana Premier Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayatana Hamlet & Spa, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet And Spa, Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet Hotel Chiang Mai