“Excelente room, free pick up from station”

Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #55 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just got here and the hotel is excellent. Just outside the "walled" city the place is huge and even though the pool is not on site is only across the road (literally). They picked me up from the station even though my train was 3 hours late. Front desk girls were very helpful and asked about my trip politely. They have a tour agent just at front desk who was also very helpful when I enquired and asked me what I really wanted to do and found me the perfect tour (same price as the ones I've seen in town or the Internet). Highly recommended so far!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Booked this hotel on latestays.com for a few days early June 2012.
When booking the room I saw that there was a free airport pickup. Normally I appreciate the airport pickup, but this time it really did not work out nicely,
I did travel with only my cabin luggage on the plane so I was quite quickly getting out of the airport terminal building. Not seeing anybody inside waiting from the hotel I walked around no the outside not seeing anyone from the hotel. After just a few minutes I called the hotel telling I was already on the outside and also told them about my location. The person at the hotel said she would phone the driver about my location, I waited... waited... waited... called again... same procedure telling about my location.... waited... waited...
After my third call I think she finally understood me, 10 more minutes the minivan arrived, and I felt the driver blamed me for beeing to quick to go outside at the airport...
My total waiting time from my first call to the pick up was more than 40 minutes... not a good start.

Arriving at the hotel I got a lot of excuses, but still feeling they kind of blamed me.
I checked in, got to my room, and got a little dissapointed.
The view was not excisting, the king size bed was two beds put together, and the beds were extremely hard.
Bathroom was quite big but the fixed shower on the wall was placed really low, I felt I needed to be a gymnast to get all my body under water.

There was a free minibar with light drinks, some pastries and daily fruits. Higly appreciated.
Aircondition was quite loud, and on the outside there were also some loud machinery making sleeping hard.

The room was quite worn and looked like it really needed some redecoration.

The breakfast was good with a variety of thai and international choices.

The pool was not on site, but you had to cross the road.

I did get some free coupons for the bbq in the restaurant, food was good and the guitar player entertaining was quite good and a nice touch.

Location was ok with about a 10 minute walk to the night bazaar area. There were also quite a few bars and restaurants in the area.

The staff at the front desk was very service minded and helpful and kind of saved my stay, but I still feel the hotels reviews in general are overrated...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I can't find fault with this hotel. For the price,location,friendliness and efficiency of service,good quality free wi-fi in the rooms, lovely huge bathrooms, free meal vouchers(huge chicken skewer) not to mention the damn fine guitarist in the restaurant every night. Absolute value for money. The tours were a highlight, free pickup and drop off, comfy beds etc. the complete package. I think if you are going to gripe about this hotel, P&$@ off and get a life. Thank you Raming lodge. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mal39
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel is very well located and just a few minutes walk from the night market. The deluxe rooms are quite big but a bit to dark for my liking. They had strange murials above the bed that looked as if it was painted by a 5-year old. The hotel is quite old.

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

The kebab dinner we got for free was great and breakfast was nice and had a bit of variety.

The tour desk staff were also very helpful and are fluent in English.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DionKets
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and were very disappointed. At our arrival they sent us to a room which when we got there had 4 guys working in it so the porter went down to the reception to check what was going on, he came back and asked us to get down to the reception where without any apologies about mistake we were given a new room, the room itself was good size but that’s all the positive about it. It was stuffy, dark and very humid and didn’t see a good clean for a while; dust and mould were present at some places. At night we had to call reception to send someone to change the bed sheets as they were not changed. We found marks and hairs on the sheet from other guests, very unpleasant and it didn’t stop there, the hotel is very noisy, not only it is situated on the busy street in the middle of the red light district with lots of dodgy bars and massages with girls sitting outside, also inside the hotel you hear every door closing and opening, people moving around. The huge king sized bed was actually 2 double beds with a blanket stuffed in the middle to make it bigger. The restaurant was expensive compared to eating outside. From my personal experience I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco K
raminglodge, Front Office Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for staying with Raminglodge Hotel & Spa and taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported on T/A. please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience that we have located you in the wrong room at the first place. There was a miscommunication in the room number, causing us to send you to that room where it under renovation by mistake. We are only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service and we will make sure our staff will be well trained in hospitality industry in the very near future.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I have personally spoken with our Executive Head Housekeeper, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.
Raminglodge Hotel & Spa Chiangmai is located on Loikroh Rd which is not far from famous Night bazaar so, that’s why a lot of business raised along the road such as restaurants, massage, bars which may caused noise in the evenings but this normally settle down after 11 pm or sooner.

Thank you again for sparing your time on T/A and bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that guest will have no further cause for any complaint in our service. Your comments will help us serve our guest better in the future and we continue to be committed to provide all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your return and wish you the best in your holiday and future. If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@raminglodge.com or call us at +6653270042 ext 555

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,