Review Highlights
Nice to see

Came in the morning before it was too hot. Had an unusual encounter with a man that made me think I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Midtownie
Memphis, Tennessee
via mobile
Good temple grounds in a central 'Thapae Road' locality - with unique massage opportunities

What sets this temple apart from many others in Chiang Mai is that it hasn't started charging... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
chiangmaicharlies
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Chiang Mai
from US$ 25.10
from US$ 100.60
from US$ 110.00
More Info
All reviews tha phae gate night market quick look main hall old city beautiful temple architecture thailand tourists
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Lovely temple typical Northern Thai style architect. Location between night market in Taipei Gate Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Something about this unassuming temple really appeals to me. From the intricately carved timber front, to the ornate chedi and the glittering silver tungs. We always stay at a hotel nearby so every time we pass I love to stop by and soak up the peacefulness. On my last visit there was a lady with birds in tiny cages with no water. You could pay to set them free for good luck. I really disapprove of this cruel practice and let her know. Not sure she understood but the look on her face suggested she did.

1  Thank mrs_smith1368
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Located near the Thae Phae Gate and Wat Bupharam, this wat can be jointly visited with these 2 attractions. The color of the chedi is white, while most temples I had visited in Chiangmai have gold color or brown color of the Lanna Style.

I briefly visited the pagoda, took pictures, then proceeded with my walk to the Wat Bupharam.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

There are so many temples to see in this area. But it's still nice to wander around and see how they differ. This one advertised a massage area but it was closed when we were there. (It was late at night)

There were several food vendors just outside so you can grab a snack or bottle of water.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

This temple is very beautiful but the best part is the massage area in the grounds. The staff are very friendly and smile a lot even if they don't understand you. I had my first thai massage here and it was really good - basically an hour of pain and pleasure but a lovely feeling in the end. Also had foot massage which is strong and good. They practise Tok Sen here and we are going back for one of them today :) Best prices around Chiang Mai for massage.

1  Thank Nikkiandben L