All reviewsadventure tournight markettuk tuknice hotelswimming poolold citywi fiminute walknice poolshower headstayed here for nightssmall balconyquiet areabreakfast includedlaundrymassagebackpackers
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This hotel was included on the tour package and I have to say it was one of the best hotels we stayed in. Great value for money, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was one of the best breakfast selections I had in my entire 2 week stay in Thailand. The hotel was only booked for 2 nights when I stayed with GAdventure, but I ended up booking an extra night myself. The staff were very helpful with arranging this for me last minute. It is not a five star hotel, but excellent value for money and I would recommend to people looking for a budget holiday in Thailand that aren't too fussed with the odd details. The price is great.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Good location. Staff friendly (see end of review). Good pool. Rooms average but get the job done.

Things to improve:
Wifi is terrible. Easy to sign on and has good signal strength but data transmission is poor and spotty. I was not able to submit this review at the hotel due to bad wifi. Good wifi is a minimum for any hotel these days and CMGate needs to up their game in this area.
Security. Door to rooms are old and use a metal residential key to open. The handles and locking mechanism were difficult to work. There is no automatic locking of the door like in hotels with a magnetic card key.
Electricity. Electricity is controlled by the key chain (slotted in to a receptacle once you enter the room) as is normal. However there was only one plug to charge devices and it was controlled by the card key. That means no charging if you leave the room.
Extra charges. Staff wanted to charge me for a bit of dirt on the bath mat that came off my flip flop (The bathrooms are small so it is difficult to avoid the bath mat. Note also that the bath mat was a light towel like bath mat). I refused as cleaning a bath mat should be part of normal room cleaning and the small amount of dirt would easily come out. The hotel then charged my tour leader for the cleaning. This ending of our time at the hotel left a sour taste in our mouths and it is hard to recommend the hotel as a result.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Footprints732430
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very good ,the breakfast was great choices,we are vegetarian & were very happy with the selection of food, grilled vegetables & rice and toast, fruit juice, also the coffee is good,. I used the pool every morning & was very happy with it, also the hotel is quiet , location is very good as well, close to chaingmai gate, this is the first time we have stayed & will definitely stay here again, thank you chaingmai gate hotel. Ray

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond M
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is clean. Rooms are big. Bed is little too hard for my liking and bathroom is a little dated. Located off side street but close to centre of town, can walk to most of the sights. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is good as well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Location - not great. It is quite far away from most attractions.

Room - small compared to others on my trip. The bathroom was tiny.

Breakfast - not very good. It all looks good from the outside but the reality is quite different. It is cheap though.

Staff - friendly enough.

Pool - okay

Food by the bar - edible enough but not wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo