“Nice hotel”

Ranked #11 of 379 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was there while there was a smoke around Chiang Mai city but it's worth for my stay at this hotel. Friendly staffs and they're full of information of Chiang Mai and nearby. Even the location is on road side but it wasn't noisy at all. Nice view of Ping River and easy to access to night market.

I am sure that i will there once again soon.

• Stayed March 2012
CCMGM, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear PiggyBuff,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure to learn you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I regret that you could not fully enjoy the surroundings due to the haze, which lasted for about two weeks.

I hope we may welcome you again in the future.

Regards
Stefan Noll
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed in The Chedi, when we visited Thailand for our Honeymoon - Back in Jan 2010!! It is a memorable experience! Chedi staff were very polite and friendly!!! Very clean and amazing rooms, you will find everything you need!! They gave us a complimentary Champagne!! Reserve your stay in Chedi Now!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NeeVas
CCMGM, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear NeeVas,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

Many of our return guests, just like yourself, have stayed with us first time during their honeymoon. Some of those, who live in the region, have made it a habit to return for their anniversary.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay as much as the first one and I hope we may welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Best regards
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Chedi for four nights with my three daughters. Four nights wasnt enough! This is truely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, being the avid traveller that I am.

Hospitality- the staff here have true Thai hospitality, always wanting to help and so kind. The hotel provided us with a 'butler' for our stay, we were picked up from the airport in style, they also booked another leg of our trip down to koh samui.

Rooms/grounds- once you arrive at the hotel you feel so calm. The architecture is so beautiful and integrated and the feung shui is perfect. When we arrived the room was so beautiful and huge! They had fresh fruit each day, laundry services, Epsom salts in the bath. They have wi-fi everywhere in the hotel which makes life a bit easier! The pool service was amazing they lay out your towels, bring you ice cold water and 'refresher spray to cool you down.

Spa - we used the spa a few times and every time it was wonderful. We did the ancient Balinese massage which was amazing and super relaxing and you can choose what scents you want for the oils. My daughters had a pedicure and they couldn't stop raving about it. The spa only used all natural products, even the nail polish!

Restaurant- we ate at the restaurant every morning for breakfast and it was great. They had a good selection of Thai and global food for the continental breakfast and the hot breakfast were 5 star. Great portion sizes, great quality and great service. We also had lunch by the pool a couple of times and it was just as good. The setting for the restaurant was also half the experience, sitting by the river and looking at the old British consulate building was just brilliant!

Concierge- the concierge were always there to help and like I said before they planned the second half of the trip to koh samui and were also very helpful when we had to change our flights to go home early ( we wished we could've stayed longer! ). I would have liked to have more information on the local culture and things to do that werent very touristy (we prefer culture over tourist attractions). I think that they should aim to understand what type of attractions we were looking for because when we arrived we were given a piece of paper that had headings and attractions underneath it. I would have liked it if they talked through the attractions with us instead of us asking lots of questions. But everywhere that we choose to go in the end, that was recommended by the hotel, was very good and they were very helpful and quick when planning, organizing, and paying when we choose something that we wanted to do.

Overall this hotel was amazing and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Family friendly, calm, and beautiful this hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and will definitely be back as soon as I can.

Thank you Chedi for a wonderful stay.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Susan F
Dear Susan F,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed Kerry Hill's design of the hotel and that you have overall been impressed by the hotel's services. Kerry is originally from Perth, but has worked a long time in Hong Kong, before he opened his office in Singapore.

Our Spa is a favorite of many of our guests. We use products from REN, ila and VOYA. Ila means earth in Sanskrit and their products are entirely without synthetic chemicals. The founder of ila is Denise Leicester, she is a nurse, aromatherapist and yogist. Before launching the lable she traveled extensively and learned where to find the best ingredients, which she uses for her products today.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope we may welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Best regards
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

My fiancee and I have travelled around the world a lot and stayed at many good hotels. We have to admit, The Chedi is truly one of the best hotels we have ever been to. We stayed at one of the huge and gorgeous club suites and just loved it. From service to food, location and rooms everything was perfect. We would definiteley stay there again when we got back to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lindalugano
Dear Lindalugano,

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed every possible aspect of the hotel during your stay and I hope we may welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Regards
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I felt like I had entered a different world when I walked through the doors of the Chedi. There was a peaceful calm and serenity that is so rare in Thai cities. The glassy surface of an architectural pool with lotus blossoms was hypnotizing. My room was absolutely the largest room I have ever stayed in. A sumptuous sleeping area and the same size again for a living and entertaining area. There was fresh fruit very day and a fully supplied bar. I don't know if they just thought I was the queen of some country, but I got royal treatment. There was a large balcony, as well that spanned the length of the room. The concierge was extremely helpful in recommending very local experiences. The hotel, itself, is walking distance from the famous night market in Chiang Mai. I was a little disappointed in the food that we ate in their terrace restaurant, though. It did. Not live up to the special attention I experienced in the hotel. On the other hand, it was delightful to be right on the river. I have been to Chiang Mai a few times before and I will stay at The Chedi the next time I am in town.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Judi M
CCMGM, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Judi M,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I am glad to see you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comments on your dining experience with our service and culinary team and hope you will notice some improvements on your next stay with us.

Best regards and many thanks
Stefan Noll