I have had the pleasure of staying here several times. Just an incredible experience. First impression was that the hotel seemed a little 'tatty' somehow, but this was not the case at all. It is maintained to an exceptionally high standard and the look is, in places, authentically 'dated'. Have stayed in a 'standard' villa and also an enormous one with piano and steam room and a whole lot of things which I never used!If anything, it was too big! Staff are brilliant. Atmosphere very calm and relaxing. Chiang Mai is very close and is worth the journey in for food etc. The horn bar was nice but quiet when visited. Always book a room that includes breakfast as it is fantastic and the choice is brilliant. There is something very very special about this hotel that I haven't found anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental