Once we arrived we were greeted in a friendly way, they picked us up using a golfcar and drove us to the check in area, I liked the style on this hotel as it was built around a temple and kinda looked like a palace. However, once we arrived at the checkin area the lady at first was friendly but then when there was something wrong she acted in a way, as if we werent the kind of people who would be able to afford to live there. So she started to ask me a bunch of questions that were completely irrelevant for her to know. Anyway, she drove us to our villa and once inside I could already tell that the money wasn't worth it. Not to mention, the room service costs were extreme, the food costs were also double the bangkok/phuket five star rates. Internet went for 600 baht a day, thats more than the major hotel brands charge. You are sort of forced to stay at the hotel unless you have a car or take a taxi, as it's quite far away from "town" and it's hard to go around without any vehicle.
It's not worth the cost, I would probably stay in Four Seasons instead, because atleast they live up to their costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Prestigia, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental