We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Thialand, 3 nights in Bangkok, 4 nights in Chiang Mai and 8 nights in Koh Somui.
But this hotel was without the shining star! If you are looking to escape the madness, GO!!. everything at this hotel brings you back into balance. My wife and I had a massage which lasted 3 hours and has left its mark of me, We are not a religious people but we are spiritual, the calmness that surrounds this place is truly sublime of which its beautiful staff are a big part of. You can go to breakfast in you dressing gown and kick back.
The rooms do have a contempory twist which adds to its atmosphere we would have no hesistation in stopping here for a week or two
We will certainly be returning soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai