“Wonderful food and class”

Morning Glory Thai Vegetarian Restaurant & Cooking Classes
Ranked #45 of 2,441 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 3
Description: we are confident that we understand vegetarian people and know how to make the good taste as cooking normal food. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us you will have lots of fun with cooking Thai style.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went to Morning Glory for lunch yesterday and had the veggie curry on noodles and it was delicious! My meal was full of flavor and color. I saw on their menu that they do a cooking class so I decided to do it and I do not regret taking her class! She gave a tour of the market that is across the street and pointed out certain fruits and vegetables. Once we were done at the market we went back to the restaurant and started prepping and cooking. The recipes are so simple but full of so much flavor! I learned over 10 recipes/meals to make! I am really glad I took a class here instead of going somewhere else. Thank you for a wonderful class and cooking experience! I can't wait to make these dishes again!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

we read that morning glory offers vegan cooking classes and wanted to get a picture of the restaurant. we had dinner there, papaya salad and ginger stir fry, both very fresh and tasteful. service very quiet, then we asked about the cooking classes and then the owner came and she is the absolute opposite, warm, open and explained everything to us in detail. we immediately registered for the next day and learned sooo much. we prepared about 20 different vegan dishes, one tastier than the other. absolutely recommendable to eat there and if possible to do a cooking class.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This rather small, family owned and run restaurant sits within the old city. There's not much décor and there's only a few tables. We had papaya smoothies which were just ok--the papayas were not ripe enough, and there was nothing added to the smoothies other than papaya, which is fine, but your papayas ought to be really ripe and tasty.

Appetizers of deep fried spring rolls were delicious, crispy, and supplied with a chili plum sauce. We had the tofu and vegetable curry, and the Pad See Yew, both of which were good. Not outstanding, but good. The dishes were all 60 THB, and there was a plentiful selection.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch and were extremely pleased with our choice. The food is delicious and fresh, and very cheap ($2 per dish). Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I happened to walk by this hole in the wall for lunch. We had the spring rolls (non-fried) and a banana/mango smoothie. The staff was friendly and quick. The spring rolls and smoothie were delicious!

We saw she had a cooking class and decided to take one the next day. Boy, was that a fantastic idea! Diana, the owner and woman in charge of the class, was energetic and knowledgeable. She made the class fun and totally worthwhile. She speaks great English, and, although she has you pick 5 dishes to learn, she ends up teaching you far more than just those.

We loved how small and intimate the class was, making it much easier to learn and ask questions. Not to mention, more left overs to take home :). She provides you with a small paperback recipe book in which she insists on taking notes in. The recipes are short and easy to follow, especially with her guidance.

My friend and I are not vegan, but were happily shocked by how delicious and flavorful the dishes were (considering they were vegan). If you are a meat lover, she does mention when you would or could add meat or fish.

I originally signed up for the half day class, but was having so much fun I ended up staying for the full day class.

So grateful for this experience. It will definitely be one of my favorite memories in Thailand and we will definitely be going back there to eat! Thanks, Morning Glory!

Travellers who viewed Morning Glory Thai Vegetarian Restaurant & Cooking Classes also viewed

Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province

Been to Morning Glory Thai Vegetarian Restaurant & Cooking Classes? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK