“Poor kitchen coordination but pleasant atmosphere ”
Review of Fern Forest Cafe

Fern Forest Cafe
Ranked #10 of 127 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There is nothing that will ruin a lovely dining experience like horrible kitchen coordination... yes, the atmosphere is lovely, the food and drinks are good, the staff is hard working and friendly. But waiting 40 minutes for a mocha only being delivered after I already finished my breakfast kinda sucks. Being told “wait a moment, we’re busy” over and over again is frustrating. And then finally my friends meal is delivered after I am done and ready to go. Busy or not, kitchen, get your act together! Management, hire more people to make drinks! Come up with a process to serve everyone at the table at relatively the same time, not 20 minutes apart. Congrats on your success, but this is why a lot of us locals / expats don’t return. Please improve your process! Wish I could make this one of my regular restaurants.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank DustinL374

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had returned here on this trip, as I had previously liked the garden and the food. After paying and checking the receipt, it became evident that I had been charged in GBP rather than THB. This meant that the exchange rate was poor and so the price was inflated. It stated on the credit card receipt that I should have had the option to pay in local currency, so preaumbly the staff had made this choice for me!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely place, good service, v nice cake and coffee.
Only reason why I am not giving five stars is cos I only had cake and coffee- I don't know about the food.
Would recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff - some were nice and helpful, and some were ordinary
Location - convenient but no proper parking space
Ambience - outdoor with lots of trees, should apply bugs away spray (you can ask from staff). Most of the tables are for 4 persons or less.
Food and beverage - delicious, but some of the dishes ran out which was kind of disappointed.

1  Thank nopparat58
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although it’s a delightful outdoor space, a simple order of two dishes took more than an hour for one to arrive. We then canceled the second dish and had tremendous difficulty getting a piece of coconut cream pie. I don’t know what the problem was, but nothing beyond a “sorry” from a waitress who hadn’t helped us before was the only restitution we got. Chiang Mai is full of great restaurants with great service. Try a different one.

1  Thank TomofOrlando