All reviews toilet roll clean bathroom per night short walk night market baht beds hostel wifi shower towels
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in a deluxe twin bedroom, with fan, air conditioning and tv.

The floors are all shiny and clean tiles. There's lots of space. The bathroom is roomy as well, and clean.

There is Wi-Fi in the rooms.

There is a gate which shuts at night which made me feel secure about the scooter I rented, although the gate is not locked.

The staff are friendly. There is a place that does laundry for 40 baht a kilo right across the road.

Situated in a nice, quiet alley. There is a nice restaurant around the corner.

We paid 250 baht per person per night. I was impressed and lived comfortably. Other hostels are dirty and rough living but this place was nice!

I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nothing incredibly special, inexpensive rooms with all necessary amenities. The women who work here are lovely, very friendly service. On a quiet side street, close to restaurants and temples. Great spot!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Was staying at a much higher priced hotel outside the Old City when I stumbled onto Chada House. Stayed here 5 days, and for 400 baht private room, it was great! Stayed on ground floor and the only problem was the racket people like to make coming in late from the bars. The fan was enough, though for another 100 baht the a/c white noise would have helped I guess. I just didn't want to climb stairs. Comfortable room, some English stations on cable TV. Could park my scooter outside my door. Close to great restaurants and the night markets. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed a total of 5 nights at Chada House during our 10 days in Chiang Mai. It was the place we kept coming back to because of it's good location (only a short walk to the gates and walking markets) and because the rooms were spotless. Another place we had stayed in Chiang Mai was less than clean (we are used to roughing it, and both of us had traveled to other developing countries before) but no matter what room we were in here (we had 4 different rooms) they were always excellent. Very clean bathrooms, towels, and bedding. The only drawback we ever had was staying on the bottom floor, which was a bit noisier and the lights were quite bright. But we'd both go back in a heartbeat - hands down our favorite place we stayed!

Room tip: I'd advise staying above the first floor, just because it can be a bit louder - though the second and third floors should let even light sleepers get a good night's sleep. And book in advance! This place fills up quickly.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my time there; the location was excellent and the rooms cheap but clean. In saying this, however, the room we stayed in may we'll have been the loudest place on earth. It was as if people, vehicles, animals and the hounds of hell we're residing in our bathroom. That bathroom window has some sort of amplification quality that deserves scientific research. Such a cacophony of noises has never, and shall probably never again, pass through my ears.

Date of stay: January 2014