“Fantastic 5 days Tour in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai”

Blue Elephant Thailand Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Elephant Thailand Tours is a real local tour operator in Chiang Mai. We offer you the truly tours of North Thailand, you and your family will learn and participate more about our beautiful culture, tradition, temples, hide away hill tribes homestay, elephants riding and bathing, trekking in the rainforest, bamboo rafting and adventure zipline canopy. We do hope that you will choose Blue Elephant Thailand Tours to play a key role in your wonderful trip.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fantastic 5 days Tour in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is my second trip to beautiful Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai. After 6 months of my visit there, it was still fresh in my mind. Also, i decided to take Mr. Surin Riangtong from Blue Elephant Thailand Tour back us our tour guide because of his wonderful service from the first trip.
This time, the place that really struck me was the visit to the Safari Zoo. For the first time in my life, I got to experience what being in the midst of a herd of deer felt like. As my friends and l were walking along the road, we were suddenly surrounded by dozens of deer, we were allowed actually touch them and look at them eye to eye.
While me were happily enjoying our time, Mr. Surin lordly brought a bucket of carrots and fruits for us to feed the animals, we wanted to pay him back but he said it only a small amount of money, we knew it cost 20bath per bucket, but we know also he is an animal-lover.
We did visit to The International Horticultural Exposition - The Royal Flora Ratchaphruek 2011, it was the main attraction that actually gave me the drive to go back to Chiang Mai, but it was a little disappointing, it was mostly in Thai language and foreigners such as l would not be able to understand what they are saying. Although it wasn't what l expected, it was still beautiful and interesting especially the Orchid Garden, we got to see a thousand species of Orchids and many were species that we have never heard or seen before.
All in all, we are sincerely thankful to Mr. Surin for being such a wonderful guide and making this trip all more exciting. As our thank you gift, we gave him 6000bath worth of tips. I am confident that L will return to Chiang Mai again, this time with my children for the "Flight of the Gibbon" Tour, I am sure they will love Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai as much as l do.

Visited February 2012
7 Thank Sherry C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Private, Thoughtful, Cosy and Hospitable”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I booked a 3 day tour with Blue Elephant for mum, dad , sister and I. My parents hates crowds and hassles, do not like to be in any uncomfortable conditions. I was looking for a tour that would be comfortable, private and thought Blue Elephant would work. It did more than that! This was the best family trip we had in years. Mam, our guide for 2 days was soft spoken, knowledgeable and very thoughtful. We were always fed with fresh fruits and had water. There was no rush in the tours (Doi Suthep, National Park, Elephant Camp etc) . My family could take our own sweet time exploring the different places. Mam knew all the best spots for photos! My parents were also looking for some handicrafts for the house and Mam was kind enough to take us there even though it wasn't part of the plan. We also had Somphon on the day we travelled out to Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle. He was very accommodating to our needs and was a baller for driving almost non-stop from 7a.m. till 9p.m. We were grateful for his service and sense of humor during the long journey. Overall, great 3 days! Would definitely recommend families who wants to explore comfortably.

Visited January 2012
8 Thank vonney88
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The only way to see Doi Suthep Temple is at sunrise with an experienced local guide.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Our guide Eed arrived bright and early at our hotel to whisk us off on a morning we will never forget. The experience of offering food to the monks "to give you a good feeling inside" did just that. By her side, we learned so much about the Buddhist religion and rituals....yet Eed's congenial personality made us feel like we were visiting with a friend. The sight of the morning sunlight reflecting off the golden temple high on the hill overlooking Chiang Mai was unbelievable. And we were ready to leave just as the crowds were beginning to show up and were back to our hotel in time for breakfast with a whole day ahead of us. We are very happy we booked this tour and would highly recommend it to others.

9 Thank Barbamd
pekin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“nice visit around Chiang rai”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had a very good visit with surin and Mam around Chiang rai. They even help us to cross the Laos border with Thailand and drove us up to the frontier.
Very well organised, good service;

Visited December 2011
9 Thank begonialane
Colchester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic private tour.”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We had a two day tour to the Golden Triangle with Surin the owner of the company. He is a very good driver which is very important to me especially on such a long journey. He took us to a resort for the night in Thaton which we would never have found on our own. It was right on the river and very quiet (hardest mattress I have ever slept on!). We had a lovely lunch on day two, again right on the river away from the crowds.
He took us to a hilltribe village to meet people with no nationality. This is an experiance that we will remember for a long time. Children that were so happy just to receive the simple rice cakes that Surin took. He is a kind thoughtfull man who obviously really cares about people, and you could not choose a better guide.
Thank you Surin we had a great time.

Visited February 2012