All reviewsbudget hotelmaya mallegg stationfamily roommodern designnight marketkey cardred carbreakfast was includedshuttle busfront officecomfortable hotelnice stayrooms are cleandeluxe roomenjoyed my stayhotel is located
Reviewed 17 April 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017

At first I have encountered with air conditioner so the staff changed and upgraded a new room. The new room was good but in the next morning the water is not running after ~30mins they fixed it but it still smell and got yellow colour. Staffs were very satisfied when I asked a question they can provide a clearly answer with the smile.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank poii183
Reviewed 10 February 2017

just an ordinary hotel. i do'nt like ibis much. places are clean,staffs are okay. rooms are small and are not worth for the price. breakfast is not good,just average. i stay in two hotels during this trip. the holiday inn is much better in every aspect and cheaper too.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Hotel nicely located, close to Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai zoo and other attractions to do.
Sadly, that is the only thing good I have to say about it...
Our bedroom was small and dark as it didn't have any window at all. It's quite frankly the first time in my life I stayed in an hotel room without windows and it really is unpleasant.
AC made weird out of sync clicking noises during the night, waking us up many times before we finally decided to turn it off. We told it to front desk the morning after as we stayed two nights, we didn't get any feedback and the issue hasn't been fixed at all as same problem occured during night 2.anyway not too much good night sleep for us during our stay.
Wi-Fi was just poor and unusable and brings you back 10 years ago.
Water in the shower switch to cold from boiling hot back and forth without touching the tap, which makes it hard to appreciate a good shower.
At breakfast, when I asked for a chair for my infant, guy just showed me the opposite corner of the room, where a chair was laying, with bread crumbles all over it, had to clean it myself, thank you for that.
Hotel is just under the airport route with a plane taking off every 5 to 10 minutes, but this was actually not that big of a deal for us, our kid was just happy to see planes.
Anyway when you don't like your bedroom, pretty much anything can turn into drama, and a hotel I don't feel confortable staying in my room is not a hotel worth staying, that clearly was my first time and only stay there, I'll never go back.
On the plus side, in order to finish on a good note, staff at the bar was really helpful and eager to please. Thumbs up for them.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Guillaume B
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Ibis Styles offers cheap and stylish accommodations in the area close to Chiang Mai University and at a close distance to Doi Suthep and suitable for families and backpackers alike. The staff speaks English and is very helpful. Rooms are clean, newer and spacious for the price. A jazz/buffet restaurant is located right next to the hotel with very nice food. There are local restaurants in the area as well as a very good Japanese restaurant just 5 minutes away. Breakfast buffet offerings are not that plentiful, but will do. The in-house restaurant is quite nice, but a bit overpriced (as is usually the case).

Chiang Mai, although a small city by world standards, does have a quite complicated transportation system so be sure to make your own reservations when moving about the city. The hotel only employs one taxi company for this purpose, which is quite expensive. Verdict: Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building away from the busy intersection
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends