“Great”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Its the French way!

The restaurant was the first French restaurant in Chiang Mai 40 years ago, started by the Swiss father who was a very decorated chef at the time. Today the son ( Chef Oh ) runs the restaurant who learned is cooking skills from the family.

I had the filet with the wine sauce, which was very flavorful. I can tell there’s just so many good dishes to try here, note menu, it’s going to be a few more visits for the future.

One thing that really stood out, was their service was A++. Instead of the DD dining (drop-n-dash), everyone came over to check my pulse asking if everything was cooked to my liking, and filling my water and clearing the table all with perfect timing. Kudos plus!

Open 6:00-11:00pm. Closed Sundays

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Hello...My wife organised a night at "Fourchette", as soon as Amnard leaned that it was for my 81st birthday, he asked my wife's name and welcomed her to his restaurant, then he asked my name Bryan, with a 'y'. Later, after indulging in the delights of a mushroom on toast (Champignon en croute sound so much better.) that we shared, absolutely delicious, for our main course, we each had white Snapper, mine was with a creamy mushroom sauce and my wife had hers with another sauce, both of us remarked on the exquisite blend of herbs and ingredients, we were sipping the remnants of a bottle of Champagne when to my surprise, an ice cream cake with fruits was brought to the table to the refrain of "Happy Birthday" Bryan, of course, that is why Amnard (the chef) wanted to know my name, this I understand was all 'complements of the chef', I assured Amnard that we would be back on my wife's birthday if not before, I would not hesitate to recommend Fourchette for that special occasion, the eye for detail won me over...and we will return in December for my wife's birthday for sure.....many thanks, Amnard and staff, the staff deserve a special accolade for their attention detail and to our every need.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This little charming restaurant fullfills your wishes if you don’t want to eat traditional thai food. Its Owner is a very nice charming man (with a french moustache) who serves the main dishes personally.
We had 2 service ladies and they are fast and understood english and german very well. The chef is half swiss half thai and has a big understanding of highlevel cuisine.
Best place for people who like sophisticated kitchen.
5 Stars ⭐️ to Mr. Oh and his french restaurant.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Lovely warm atmosphere with great food and good company.
Apart from the excellent food we also loved the genuine Swiss artifacts and the host Amnard who was outstanding and generous giving us several little complementary treats throughout the night.
Thoroughly recommend this place

Reviewed 16 September 2018

La Forchette has gotten even better! It’s the perfect place for a celebration....several times in the past I’ve had birthday dinners and they always been great. This time it was my friend’s birthday and I suggested La Forchette! The duck was delicious. We each had it prepared differently. I had the duck breast in orange sauce ... very yummy.
The service was excellent also. Very attentive, therecwhen you needed something, but not obtrusive.