See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 January 2017

I think they should delete the word Resort from the name, as it creates expectations. The only thing resort like were the trees and small garden - I quite liked sitting outside enjoying a cold beer of an evening. But as a hotel, it's fine - nothing particularly special. The University is at the end of the lane, there is plenty of street food on Su Thep Road as well as cafes and restaurants, with Nimmanhaemin Road not too far away.

The bed was on the hard side, but the wifi and fridge worked well (the fridge actually froze my bottled water). Plenty of space in the room, although it was quite austere - really needed the wooden furniture to give it any character. The breakfast was not to my taste - cold eggs, noodles and fried rice which didn't appear to have much added to them.

One wing seems to have been taken over by semi-permanent residents - students at the nearby language schools and University I suspect.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2016

The room had an old-fashioned interior with big, dark furniture. The room itself was quite big, but the large desk and closet would fill a lot of it. The bathroom was old and had a weird shower, with mold on the shower curtain. Cleaning was ok and the air condition was working very good. Also free Wi-Fi and a good fridge.

My favorite part of the hotel is the nice garden where you can eat breakfast, this is very pretty. Breakfast itself was good the first day with eggs and fruit. Second day, even though it said 'American Breakfast' on our coupon we could only get the Asian breakfast (rice, soup, veggies). All other guest were from China so I guess they didn't want to cook Western breakfast just for us.

We were unfortunate to have noisy and loud neighbors, waking me up both nights. They were actually yelling and shouting in the hall way, to the point where I wanted to use the phone to call reception to do something about it.
The reason I didn't, was that the night staff had very limited knowledge of the English language. They were very friendly and did try to understand us, but it was difficult to say the least.

When we were leaving we asked to store our baggage and this was possible. When we came back they had cleaned the room and found out we took the plastic water bottles. They wanted them back... why? re-use? They were basic plastic bottles.
They were unable to arrange a taxi for us unless we wanted to wait over an hour. They told us to take the baggage and walk up to the main street (about 5min) and find our own ride.

We stayed in this hotel because we wanted to be in the University area. It is close to Rimnan and airport as well, and has some really nice restaurants and cafes in walking distance (2 cat cafes!) Also the mall Maya is also in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Coming to the end of my months stay at the Sinthana Resort, it has been ok, basic clean room, no trills, nice staff, you get wifi, drinking water once a week, didn't include breakfast or electricity, but paid 7000 for the month with a 3000 deposit! Only real grumble is that it can get noisy from the mopeds and cars. Also the block is overlooked so you can be seen by neighbours so you always seem to need the curtains drawn. You are close to the airport so will hear the aircraft taking off, but that seems to be for the whole of Chiang Mai!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Anyone over around 180 cm in height will likely whack their head entering the bathroom. A waste basket placed in front of the door was an effective reminder and prevented me from hitting my head again for the rest of my stay. Room and bed otherwise comfortable and clean enough. Wifi worked ok. Breakfast not very good. No bacon, eggs cold, a few thai dishes. 7-11 and coffee shop across the street and many food vendors a few minutes walk to Suthep Rd. Handy to CMU, Doi Suthep and Wat Umong (my favorite wat in CM). Coin laundry machines on the street nearby. Friendly front desk and dining staff. *warning* do not dispose of the freely supplied plastic water bottles outside of your room or you will be charged 30 baht each.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Copying my review over from Expedia:

Pros: The price, the fact that the staff spoke English, the fact that the room was nice and clean, and the fact that it had AC.

Cons: Other hotels are probably cheaper, but even then the hotel is much cheaper than I'm used to in the West. Worth the price, in my opinion.

Location: Near Chiang Mai University. Close to a main road. Lots of food stands. Pretty much anything is a quick 20-minute cheap song tau (taxi) ride away.

Reception desk staff knows English and is very helpful. Room was clean, standard, with air conditioning and a good view, and no extra bells and whistles. Daily room service is included. Hotel building is beautiful. Hotel is close to main road that has lots of good food stands and easy taxi (song tau) access. Hotel is also right next to a 7-11 (which doesn't sound like much to a Westerner, but in Thailand 7-11s are actually respectable stores where you can buy food and water :D ) My one complaint is that the showerhead fixture is a little too low, but given that the showerhead is movable, this isn't a big problem. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay and would recommend the place to others :)

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends