All reviews old city tuk tuk the ground floor pool area walking distance wat phra sunday night market buffet breakfast small pool air con superior room chang mai balcony thailand loungers lanterns tours
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located within a walking distance to the night market.
If you plan to go the night market, stay in a hotel nearby within the old city.
The hotel staff were nice to keep the luggages overnight as I had to leave for Chiang rai for a few days.
Overall a good stay, a shower head in the shower was a hit and miss. One room had a very low water pressure, the other was excellent. Breakfast was good too.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great location! In the heart of the old city. The Sunday night market is literally right down the street and there are a few gorgeous temples nearby. Perfect spot to be able to explore the city from. Staff was excellent! Their little restaurant was delicious! The room was great. Bathroom window had just a wooden shutter so it was always pretty warm in there but we just closed the door and had the ac turned on in the room and it was no issue. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Chiang Mai.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank smallfry89
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was displayed as a 4-star hotel on hotels.com but it's more like 3 stars.

The hotel is somewhat run down. My room was clean enough but the shower door couldn't be closed properly.

The wifi is not very reliable.

I stayed there for 10 days. At the start of my stay I had 2 towels of each kind, at some point some of the towels disappeared, and then there were too many, and then there were too few again. I didn't really mind, and didn't bring it up because I had enough towels to keep dry, but at the checkout they told me I had to pay for a "missing" towel.
I know I didn't steal any towels (and probably it's in the laundry there), but it irks me to get accused of stealing. I of course had to pay the fine, but it was not a lot of money.

If you're going to leave a tip for the cleaning lady at this hotel, leave it one day before you leave. I left it on the morning that I checked out, but I have a feeling that the person who got the money was the guy who they sent up to count the towels.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear lovely guests,

Sorry for your disappointing about staying with us. After investigation in this case, we had report from our maid that you brought some of towels used outside the room during your stay and we have a sign warning about this since if the towel got too dirty or lost, the guests need to pay for that lost or damage. When our maid did not fill in the towel that meant she could not find the old one in your room and she will refill or replace the old towels with the new one only. This is how we can count and manage whether our cloths or towels have been lost during our guests' stay or not. We do have a price list for all items in room in which you can buy or if it is damaged or lost, we will charge upon that price list. Anyway, in this case, if you are sure that you did not bring any towels used outside and did not lost it, you can inform our staffs and normally, we do not charge anything on that if there's no guest approval. For the Wifi, we have many spots sometimes if you walk to another point you need to capture a new spot signal that is stronger than the one you already used. We will improve our facilities and services to meet the hi standard. Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The staff was very kind and helpful...they even packed a to-go breakfast for us when we had an early flight. Rooms were small and dark, and the windows/door to the terrace had a large gap at the bottom where mosquitos and other bugs were easily able to come into the room. The hotel was sufficient if you just need a place to crash. The pool looked nice, but it rained every day when I was there so I did not get to use it.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank W1093HWsarahl
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear lovely guests,

We have 4 types of room that you might be at our Standard or Superior room that quite small ( 20 sq.m. - 24 sq.m.). Some of terrace doors might have some big gap and we will fix that problems. Thank you for your valuable comments.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Loved the De Lanna Hotel. Great breakfast, enjoyed relaxing by the pool with a beverage listening to live music coming from the bar after a busy day exploring. Had the opportunity to stay both upstairs and downstairs. Loved the coy fish under the bridge to your room. Very relaxing sitting on your private balcony of your room looking into the beautiful courtyard. Close to many things and they helped us arrange for a motorbike rental as well.

Room tip: Quieter on upper levels but the unique coy fish beneath the ground levels is cool.
Date of stay: October 2017