1,032 results
All reviews colonial style vintage mercedes nakara jardin royal grand deluxe local snacks night market beautiful hotel complimentary mini bar replenished daily small hotel small buffet turn down service our honeymoon tuk tuk old city common areas tour desk
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Ping Nakara was the best place to stay. The staff was very accommodating. The pool was pristine and relaxing with very few guests. We played chess by the pool every afternoon. They supplied plenty of complimentary waters, sodas, and snacks each day. The breakfast was a mix of western and Thai options with plenty of choices for our five day stay. The spa was wonderful and clean. The location was walkable to the old city, but could be too far for some. Taxi’s were plentiful, however. Most excursions supply hotel pick up so it doesn’t matter where in the city you stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We loved visiting Chiang Mai - we choose Ping Nakara for it's classic elegance. The price was very reasonable for the luxurious room, common spaces and the timeless classic elegance from yesteryear. Can walk from the hotel to the city center , sights and restaurants or the ever caring gate keeper will offer to take you by bicycle, hail you a tuk tuk etc. The hotel helped us with easy, safe, kind drivers to take us around to further locales, airport etc at very good prices. It was very hot and sticky so the ease & ac made visiting so much more pleasurable and less exhausting. The staff was all so kind and graceful! Breakfast by the pool , made to order was delectable along with a buffet of yummy extras - local fruits, granola, pastries etc. I did not notify the hotel it was my birthday but they noted from my passport and left a beautiful hand written card and yummy treats in my room by surprise ! The beds were sooooo comfy! The room had high ceilings and tasteful elegant decor. My daughter loved the plethora of free snacks and beverages. The bathroom is sparkly clean ( the whole property is) . We couldn't have been happier !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tobydog67
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel is a relatively new hotel with all the charm of yesteryear. It is built in the colonial style and the bedrooms are spacious and nicely decorated. We spent several wet afternoons happily reading in the library or indulging in a happy hour cocktail. Breakfast is included in a little indoor/outdoor room by the pool. We found all the staff to be extremely polite and efficient. It’s also very close to all the city attractions, markets, restaurants and only 20 mins to the airport. A very enjoyable 7 night stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Starting with the efficient pickup at the airport in the beautiful vintage Mercedes, our stay at the Ping Nakara was relaxing and wonderful. The property is beautiful, the spa is top-notch, breakfast was solid and the rooms are lovely. The staff (front and back of the house) was friendly, helpful and professional. We loved the boutique feel and it was a nice counterbalance to the large hotel we stayed at in Bangkok. This is a great property for families, couples and business.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter and brighter
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wenfo1
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I've been really thinking to try and work out what it is about this hotel that I didn't love; the rooms are very pleasant, the architecture is impressive and the staff are courteous. The hotel has great reviews on the whole and I would agree with much of the positivity. But there is something missing. The staff don't go the extra mile that you would expect in a hotel of this calibre. For example as a vegetarian there were very few Thai main dishes i could order on the restaurant menu. I'm sure it would have been easy for the chef to adapt a dish to make it vegetarian but this was never offered, even when pushed. It was as if this never crossed anyone's mind. Also, whilst sitting by the pool there are little bells to ring if you require any drinks, but whether there is any response from the staff is another matter. One day I sat down for lunch at a table and even went to try and find a restaurant staff member but there was nobody available. In the end I went to the reception desk to say I wanted to eat. If you want 5* service try elsewhere...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo