LOCATION: As of November 2012, the Ping Nakara Hotel provides round trip airport transfers free of charge if the room booking is made by e-mailing the hotel directly. Booking through the hotel’s own website is not eligible. The hotel driver provided a courteous, smooth 15-minute ride from the airport. Ping Nakara is located a short 7-minute walk to the Night Bazaar. There are not many taxis in Chiang Mai. Though the hotel can book one for you, the waiting time can sometimes be rather long. If you are not a big fan of tuk-tuk, a chauffeured car can also conveniently be arranged at the hotel for THB 1000 for a 4-hour service.
HOTEL: Less than a smooth check-in. Only one staff manning the front desk and she clearly had problem keeping her cool. Right after stepping into the hotel lobby, I was greeted by a rather harsh “Good morning. Please, wait it the waiting room.” Though there were also another staff at the nearby information desk and two more tending the bar, none seemed to bother bringing a glass of water for a waiting guest. After a long, awkward wait, I decided to go back to the reception and raise my concern with the lack of information and hospitality. Ping Nakara is a small hotel, and I do not expect an early check-in, but since I have business to tend to that morning, a more efficient dialog from the staff would have been much appreciated.
(Royal Grand Deluxe Room): Generous size room. Nicely decorated. Functional lay-out. Effective, quiet air-conditioning. Very good bed and comfortable pillows. Good size bathroom. The shower provided intermittent low shower water pressure and hot water.
Attentive and courteous breakfast staff served a rather bland breakfast, except for the pancakes, which were delicious.
Fast, courteous check-out.
CONCLUSION: Staff are polite and courteous, especially the hotel driver. Ping Nakara could easily have got a five-star review if not for the botched check-in and the sub-par shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa