Pat's Klangviang
US$ 44
HolidayInn.com
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$ 181
US$ 310
US$ 379
US$ 355
Agoda.com
All reviewssunday marketpat's placeroom faced the streetold citybig luggageheavy luggagehot water in the showergreat massageno elevatorthree nightsnice balconythai massagethird floorboutique hotelwalking streettemplechiang
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I did my usual homework on TA before picking this place and I was rewarded with a great 3 night stay here. They arranged a cheap (150 Baht) and smooth airport pickup for me prior to my arrival, and the staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly with arranging a half-day trip to Doi Suthep by taxi. Location in Old City was very convenient to many of the famous Wats and many good cheap restaurants....all within short walking distance. It is not as convenient to reach the Night Bazaar or river area, but it is a manageable 15 minute walk to get there. Breakfasts were also good. For 1200-1400 Baht it is an excellent value to stay here.

Room Tip: Room #2 facing the front of the building has a great view of the Wat across the street but the trade off is the constant street noise. Prapokklao Rd has a lot of traffic and I had to use earplugs to sleep at night. Recommend you get the back room (#5) if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We loved our stay at Pat's and wish we could've stayed longer! The staff was always helpful and friendly and with the central location, we walked almost everywhere. They even arranged tickets to the Royal Floral exhibition which we were very thankful for.
If we're ever in Chiang Mai again, we'd definitely stay here again! Thanks Pat and team - you are stars!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have only glowing, positive things to say about Pat's Klangviang after a very lovely experience staying there. First, the staff is amazing and graciously accommodated us at every turn. They even anticipated our needs and were unfailingly pleasant. We appreciated that they helped us plan, arrange, and confirm tours during our visit. We ate breakfast each morning on the patio out front, which has a nice view of a wat to enjoy along with the delicious homemade food. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and breezy - much appreciated after international travel! Our room was quite lovely as well, with comfortable beds, a mini-fridge, a good-sized bathroom, and great AC. Everything was very clean. Though the internet wasn't functioning reliably for a few days while we were there (this was months ago), they brought a technician in to fix it ASAP and in the meantime they helped me find the internet cafe/shop that is just a couple blocks down on the same street.

My favorite part of staying at Pat's Klangviang was probably the neighborhood. It was in the center of Chiang Mai and just a short walk to the main attractions, yet it was not in a seedy area. Chiang Mai is very quiet at night, in particular, if you are not near all the bars and massage shops. The one night we walked through the bar/massage shop area, I was so relieved not to be staying over there - it was noisy and more than a bit tacky. In contrast, Pat's is in a nice neighborhood where it's quiet and peaceful at night but not so deserted that you feel unsafe. You really can't do better on location than this. And luckily, there's plenty to like beyond just its location. I would stay here 1000 times over!

Room Tip: I saw several rooms; I do not think there's a bad one. All are equally quiet, since the street is quiet. The rooms facing the street have a nicer view, but otherwise I think they're all fairly similar.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank julie248
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Picking Pats Klang Viang was the best travel decision I've made thus far. Even before we were officially checked in (long story short we were actually staying at a sump down the street: Sathu Boutique and we had to get outta there) Ploy at the front desk treated us like gold. She booked a taxi for us to Doi Suthep and answered all of the many questions we had for her.  Upon checking in we were greeted with a fresh fruit smoothie and Ram brought out bags upstairs.  Our room (on the top floor) offered a breathtaking view of the temple right across the street (the same temple that you have a view of as you eat a delicious complimentary breakfast every morning).  Breakfast is amazing, which a choice of toast, eggs, bacon/sausage OR toast, muesli, yogurt and fresh tropical fruit OR rice soup with chicken. all option come with tea/coffee/Thai tea(my recommendation).
The staff at Pats is so friendly and will do anything you need. There are computers you can use, free wifi throughout, lots and lots of TV channels, a book swap area, a huge flatscreen in your room and a big bathroom.
If you are lucky enough to be in Chiang Mai while Pats has vacancy make sure you stay there!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I would suggest what this hotel lacks in a few areas is definitely covered by the staff and service. Stayed three nights and have to say thoroughly enjoyable. The down side was the traffic noise from the street and the whistle from the School Crossing attendant early in the morning but the rest was great.
The rooms were perfectly fine, location good, the front dining area and restaurant bar quaint and a great spot to work from and the loft type rooms fine. Great little hotel with some rough edges but a charm that far outweighs those small matters. Strongly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business