My room was great, spotless, bed was firm and confortable, the shower was great.
However, there are a few cons to this hotel, that have nothing to do with the rooms themselves:
- the staff is unfriendly. I arrived in the morning, tired of a long flight, and they refused to let me sleep in an available room until check in time. I really did not appreciated it.
- The staff made me pay 20 bahts for 2 photocopies. 20 bahts ... I was staying 3 days there.
- there is free internet in the lobby, and paying internet in the rooms.
- the hotel is located quite close by red trucks from the gate (5-7 mins to Taphae Gate, less to the western gates). However, if you plan to stay inside the gates most of the time, it is less than ideal to have to take the red trucks. It is just that you have to plan your day in advance and it is more complicated to go back to the hotel at mid-day. And there is not much around it.
Overall, the room is very good, but the paying internet, the indifferent staff and the location will make me choose another place next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Dome Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dome Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dome Chiang Mai