All reviews junior suite mini fridge rooms are nice would stay here again good size free wifi old town plug taxi shower bed thailand
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights of our honeymoon at Le Charcoa. This hotel looks like it is straight out of Beauty and the Beast. The whole place is gorgeous.

The good:
- Rooms were very clean, with complimentary water, juice, and coconut water.
- WiFi worked well for us.
- Breakfast included was decent, they have an egg station made to order
- Very centrally located and an easy walk to most popular sites.
- The staff was incredibly friendly, kind and flexible. They bent over backwards to ensure our stay was perfect and that we felt welcome.
- Although we didn’t use it, the pool and bar looked incredibly relaxing.

Our one complaint: the room was a little difficult to sleep in. The mini fridge had a bright light that lit the entire room. We propped our bag in front of it to block the light. Additionally, the mattress was pretty hard. However, this didn’t detract too much from our stay and we would still stay here again.

Fun side note: all the rooms have nicknames from Lord of the Rings, which thrilled my husband. Very cute.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Le Charcoa Hote... C, Front Office Manager at Le Charcoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Mary M,

Greeting from Le Charcoa Hotel, Chiang Mai

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us.
It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were left highly satisfied with their overall experience at Le Charcoa Hotel.

We will continue to strive and deliver efficient service standards and we are delighted to know that we have achieved this during your stay with us.

Gandalf: "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." Hopefully you will arrives precisely again to our hotel soon.

Once again, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to Le Charcoa Hotel on your next trip to Chiang Mai.

Best Regards,

Le Charcoa Team.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The rooms are nice and pretty clean. The double room is a bit too small for 2 persons. The breakfast was good and the personnel is nice (but they don't speak a very good English). The atmosphere at the hotel was very nice. The location is good.

Room Tip: I had the deluxe room at the ground floor. It was nice but maybe a bit small for 2 persons.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Valeria A,

Greeting from Le Charcoa Hotel, Chaing Mai

Thank you taking the time in providing us such a warm feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had good time with us and thank you for highlighting our staff.

Regarding serviettes on breakfast, I will definitely pass this note to FB manager as advice for future.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Charcoa Hotel for another great experience.

Best regards,

Le Charcoa Team.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

The feeling you are in Europe cosy but smaller what they show on picture the swimming pool for children breakfast okey bed comfortable room very clean the staff very nice and helpful we eat in restaurang but better go outside.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I wanted a hotel where I was close to the markets and wats in the old city. I was travelling alone so the hotel had to have a restaurant and bar for me to use at night. I felt very safe here and all the staff were friendly. The reception staff each morning waved me goodbye and waved me back on my return. I choose to stay in a Junior Suite as I was there for 7 days and wanted a bigger room than the standard size. It was serviced every day and was very clean. The bed was one of the softest I have slept on in Thailand. The bathroom was a good size.The room did have a balcony but was only small. My room looked out on to the road but it was very quiet. The breakfast was good, had a good choice of fruit, breads and main courses. Whilst I was there watched them install an omelet station as well as an outside balcony area. Both well needed and provided an additional choice of food as well as space. I ate several times in the restaurant at night and both the local and Western food was delicious and good quantity and well priced.All the staff were friendly and could speak English. In particular Josh who spoke to me every day asking where I was going and if I needed any assistance. I used uber to get around from the hotel to other parts of Chiang Mai. I could have stayed longer as lots to see and do as well as relax by the pool. I would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again when I visit Chaing Mai again. In particular liked the deisgn of the hote

Room Tip: The junior suite is a good size if you are staying more than 1 night otherwise standard is OK
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is smack in the Old City and although small, offers reasonably priced lodgings. From here, the city area is easily reached. We loaned their free bicycles and roamed around ourselves. Breakfast was plain but adequate although no juice was replaced so wake up earlier! A 2 section pool with a small Jacuzzi completes the outdoors. Great for budget watchers.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family