US$ 177
  • Breakfast included
US$ 45
US$ 36
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 41/night.

Varada Place(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$ 18
US$ 14
US$ 64
US$ 51
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 66/night.

US$ 425
US$ 251
US$ 464
US$ 429
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2015

I did not want to write a review, but since cockroaches are keeping me awake, i have nothing better to do. Usually i can deal with a bad hotel, but when roaches walk over you, yeah thats right, while trying to sleep, thats where i go crazy. The breakfast i cant even describe because thia morning a found sonething slimy in my coffe. No TV, no wifi. The pool is dirtier than some of Bangkoks canalas. Stay away fron this place.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Tomislav K
Reviewed 27 December 2014

Start with the plaudits.. a fantastic view over the River Ping,but just about everything else about the hotel was sadly lacking, miserable reception staff, strange reception area, wifi was non existent, rooms were very tired as was all the hotel.. I wish I could write something nice but even the breakfast was absolutely terrible

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a river view
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We stayed therefore Loy Kaithong and so it was perfect for what we wanted with the city being full and we could walk and see the parade and launch our Kaithong but - the hotel was not in a good state. It was clean but the sheets were grey and the bathroom needed a good refurbishment, also we had an invited guest a cockroach! Breakfast was ample but don't have the warm milk.

Room Tip: Try ans get a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilmslow_People
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very cheap due to ghost rumours, although a hounting might have improved our stay.
Yes, it is cheap and yes it is very very old and have had absolutely no maintenance for the last 25 years. Hotel staff dressed in their own clothes and joggingsuits. A very green algae-filled swimmingpool. Worn and torn interior. Someone had been writing on the dusty windows of the room. 5 of 7 lamp bulbs did not work neither did the electricity to the old tv, this was fixed though.
All springs in one side of the bed was non-existent. Well, then it's more romantic to use just one side of the bed. Mostly loacal warm dished for breakfast, toast machine out of order, but there was bread and jam preventing me from starving too much. haha, I must learn one get what one pay for - I just couldn't imagine it could be this tragicomic and ready for condamnation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henrik B
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My expectations of a budget hotel aren't high. I've stayed in some pretty questionable accommodations in Thailand but I've never once left a bad review. You get what you pay for but I wouldn't stay at this place if it were free.

We booked four nights and paid in advance through an online travel site. The price was low but it was near the night market so although I wasn't expected The Four Seasons, I didn't expect a cesspool.

Our greeting at reception was very stoic but I can put up with unfriendly staff if the price is right. When my husband and I walked in the room we were surprised, it didn't look that bad. However, on closer inspection I began to wonder if housekeeping had done anything other than change the bed.

The first thing I noticed was that the lamp on the bedside table had been on fire sometime in the past. The inside of the shade was scorched, and the fabric was black and flaky and had been burned right through to the actual shade. The cord on a standing lamp on the other side of the room had been repaired in six different spots with electrical tape. The TV didn't work and none of the electrical outlets we tried worked either. Our room looked down onto the pool (one of the reasons we booked this hotel) but there wasn't anyone near it .. and for good reason. The water was so green with algae, you couldn't see the bottom of the pool and the surface was covered in debris. The carpet wasn't just old, it was filthy and stained and didn't look as if a vacuum had passed over it in months. We found two price tags stuck to the wall presumably stuck there by a previous guest.

It was late in the day and we were so hot and tired that even with all these negative signs, we were stil prepared to spend one night and find something else the next day. However, the fingerprints in feces (okay, it might have been chocolate or mud but feces is more likely) on the roll of toilet paper on the holder that was the final straw.

This place is a filthy and disgusting fire hazard and the only recommendation I can mack is to stay away!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple