US$ 101
US$ 82
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 91/night.

Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$ 245
US$ 145
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 164/night.

US$ 129
US$ 45
US$ 381
US$ 250
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 315/night.

Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$ 35
US$ 29
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 42
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 48/night.

US$ 440
US$ 402
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 446/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We stayed therefore Loy Kaithong and so it was perfect for what we wanted with the city being full and we could walk and see the parade and launch our Kaithong but - the hotel was not in a good state. It was clean but the sheets were grey and the bathroom needed a good refurbishment, also we had an invited guest a cockroach! Breakfast was ample but don't have the warm milk.

Room Tip: Try ans get a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilmslow_People
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very cheap due to ghost rumours, although a hounting might have improved our stay.
Yes, it is cheap and yes it is very very old and have had absolutely no maintenance for the last 25 years. Hotel staff dressed in their own clothes and joggingsuits. A very green algae-filled swimmingpool. Worn and torn interior. Someone had been writing on the dusty windows of the room. 5 of 7 lamp bulbs did not work neither did the electricity to the old tv, this was fixed though.
All springs in one side of the bed was non-existent. Well, then it's more romantic to use just one side of the bed. Mostly loacal warm dished for breakfast, toast machine out of order, but there was bread and jam preventing me from starving too much. haha, I must learn one get what one pay for - I just couldn't imagine it could be this tragicomic and ready for condamnation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henrik B
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My expectations of a budget hotel aren't high. I've stayed in some pretty questionable accommodations in Thailand but I've never once left a bad review. You get what you pay for but I wouldn't stay at this place if it were free.

We booked four nights and paid in advance through an online travel site. The price was low but it was near the night market so although I wasn't expected The Four Seasons, I didn't expect a cesspool.

Our greeting at reception was very stoic but I can put up with unfriendly staff if the price is right. When my husband and I walked in the room we were surprised, it didn't look that bad. However, on closer inspection I began to wonder if housekeeping had done anything other than change the bed.

The first thing I noticed was that the lamp on the bedside table had been on fire sometime in the past. The inside of the shade was scorched, and the fabric was black and flaky and had been burned right through to the actual shade. The cord on a standing lamp on the other side of the room had been repaired in six different spots with electrical tape. The TV didn't work and none of the electrical outlets we tried worked either. Our room looked down onto the pool (one of the reasons we booked this hotel) but there wasn't anyone near it .. and for good reason. The water was so green with algae, you couldn't see the bottom of the pool and the surface was covered in debris. The carpet wasn't just old, it was filthy and stained and didn't look as if a vacuum had passed over it in months. We found two price tags stuck to the wall presumably stuck there by a previous guest.

It was late in the day and we were so hot and tired that even with all these negative signs, we were stil prepared to spend one night and find something else the next day. However, the fingerprints in feces (okay, it might have been chocolate or mud but feces is more likely) on the roll of toilet paper on the holder that was the final straw.

This place is a filthy and disgusting fire hazard and the only recommendation I can mack is to stay away!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews about the hotel I booked the hotel with trepidation for 7 days from 20 January. When I arrived the greeting was quite off hand but did not take too long. There was no assistance to my 5th floor room however there are three guests lifts. The room was dated but quite large with uninterrupted views over the Mae Ping River. The bed was comfortable and serviced well however I wish that I hadn't seen the pillows when the pillowcases were changed. The bathroom was large but in need of modernisation and the water was hot. I agree with other reviewers about the breakfast. The food is good but if you get your timing wrong it will be limited and cold. All in all for the cost this hotel is good value. I will return there on my trip next month

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

So due to my procrastination on finding a hotel in Chiang Mai, we were left with very few choices, and we took a chance on this. The place was cheap and well-situated close to the river and the night market. The place wasn't as dirty as some of the other reviewers noted, but still was somewhat grimy and had a musky smell. The staff's ability to speak English was very limited (at best). The food was very poor quality and they make no effort to keep it warm which means you'll have a cold breakfast by 9am. If the owner(s) spent some capital to upgrade the plumbing, fixtures, etc, they could attract a more quality clientele. I give it 3 stars overall but only because it was so cheap. It isn't worth spending anymore than $40 per night, at least not in the condition it is currently in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple