Minicost Apartment & Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ampawan(Chiang Mai)
Kavil Guesthouse(Chiang Mai)
  • Restaurant
Hotel M Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Roong Ruang Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Tamarind Village(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Lux Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
All reviewscooking lovegreat locationdouble room with private bathroomminute walkcleaned every daylaundry servicecable tvthapae gatesunday marketexplore chiang maiwalking streetair conguest househome away from homeguesthousebalconybaht
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Have stayed in Minicost twice now. (2 + weeks each time)
over the years have done the cheap places to stay. Now more important that rooms are good, bright, clean. Minicost is all of these and more.... Beds are so comfortable. Staff and reception so helpful and friendly. Reccomended to my family who have also stayed there several times. Close to Night Bazaar, Thapae Rd, and right on top of walking street.
Excellent place to stay

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thailandfanatics
Reviewed 3 May 2010

So when I booked MiniCost from New Zealand, it seemed cheap as chips in Kiwi dollars. However, once I reached Chiang Mai, I realised it was actually pretty expensive compared to other Chiang Mai guesthouses. My partner, who's stayed in Chiang Mai many times, was horrified that I'd spent so much money on accommodation! That's what he gets for leaving it to the Chiang Mai virgin, though.

Anyway, since an overseas holiday is a rare treat for me, I think it's worth spending that little bit extra to stay in a really nice place. Especially when, as I said, it's still cheap as chips in Kiwi money. And MiniCost was just that little bit nicer. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable and spacious. There was plenty of space for all our luggage and all our shopping (OK, all MY shopping), a desk from which to send email updates in comfort, and armchairs in which to relax. There were also two - count 'em, two! - balconies. One was a shared balcony which provided access to all the rooms on the level. There were extremely comfy outdoor chairs to relax in and meet the neighbours. The other was a private and secluded balcony, perfect for chilling out with a book.

The bathroom was nice and big and perfectly clean. The rooms were cleaned each day, with fresh towels provided every day and the sheets changed every second day. Staff were super friendly and helpful, and incredibly laid-back. There was also a on-site laundry service. which was great.

Oh, and the location, two minutes walk from Tha Pae Gate and 10 minutes walk from the Night Bazaar, was awesome.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lenamuse
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The hotel is a little more pricey than some of the other options, so if you're on a very tight backpacker budget this may not be a good fit. But if you can afford a few extra dollars you definitely get what you pay for. Rooms are emaculately clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Large common balcony has comfy chairs to relax in. The lady that runs the place speaks excellent english and is very helpful with whatever you need, be it ordering a taxi so you don't get ripped off, helping you with your bookings or just giving directions or recommendations. 3 of us stayed here for several days and then I came back with just my sister after a trekk. Very happy with the place.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Boogykilla
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My colleagues and I booked three rooms at the Minicost Guesthouse over the phone. We arrived on a late flight from Bangkok on a Friday and caught the 'limo' taxi from the stand at the airport to the guesthouse. The location is less than 5 minutes walk to the start of the small city centre. There was no problem with our late arrival and we were shown to our rooms in no time at all. The rooms are an excellent size, clean and comfortable, plus free bottles of water are kept in the fridge for guests.
We used the guesthouse mainly as a base for the weekend and managed to pack in 'The Flight of the Gibbon' on Saturday; which is an excellent way to spend a morning or afternoon. Plus, the night markets on Saturday evening and a couple of the local bars.
On Sunday we hired a songthaew to take us to Doi Suithep and spent a few hours enjoying the atmosphere of the temple and the surrounds. And came back for an excellent kaeng hang le curry at Aroon Rai on Kotchasarn Rd.
There is so much more to do in Chiang Mai and the surrounds that I would recommend staying a lot longer than a weekend, but I can recommend Minicost as a great base for anytime spent in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank MSydney07
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This isn't the cheapest hotel around, but for the price it is the best value by far. The hotel is fairly modern and very clean. Most of the hotels around here are fairly old and smell moldy, for the price it is pretty good value.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple