“Heaps of fun for two days”

Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are the First and Best cookery school in Chiang Mai. Owned and operated by "Master Chef" Sompon Nabnian... you will unlock the secrets of traditional Thai-style cooking. Have you ever wondered why Thai food tastes so different from restaurant to restaurant? The ingredients are the same, so it should taste the same, you would think...not at all! The best Thai food comes from using the freshest ingredients, along with the skilful art of preparation and combining the right ingredients at the right time to create an exceptional dish.Our school offers five fine mouth-watering courses for you to choose from (vegetarian options are available for all dishes in all courses):There is simply no better place to learn about the joys of Thai cooking!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Loved the whole experience. Good that we already cook a bit at home. Jack , the instructor was great. 6 courses each day, good company and we learned a lot. Thouroughly recomend it

1  Thank Steve H

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We spent 1 day at the cooking School:
- go to the market
- go to the farm outside the city
- cook 6 most famous Thai plates
It was a very good day. The teacher was really enthusiast and was a good English speaker. We really enjoy this day !

1  Thank Zzmottomzz
Reviewed 6 May 2012

A fun class was had learning the secrets of Thai food style. We were able to master the dishes as our chef and instructor was teaching us step by step. The curry paste was explained and taught step by step as we prepared each ingredient. This class was long enough to learn all the components of Thai cuisine on an introductory level and kept a good pace. We will learn other dishes next time.

1  Thank Mik1111
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I did go because my wife loves cooking. And I can say it was one of the best days in Chiang Mai. Very professional. I did enjoy every minute of the class except unbearable heat. And I do not like cooking!!!

1  Thank ZdenkoG
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I did the Beginner's course (full day). You can request for a pick-up at your hotel at no additional charge. I paid for my course via PayPal. Upon arrival at the office, we were given a choice to go to the market to see the ingredients or to go to the school and attend a lecture on the ingredients. I opted to go to the school and was glad I did so. The lecture was very entertaining and the chefs gave us many tips of how to use the ingredients and substitutes we could use if the ingredients were unavailable where we live. The chefs start by demonstrating how to cook the dish first and then we would go to our cooking stations and cook the dish. Afterwards, we ate our food. By the end of the day and after the last (6th) dish, I was, to state it inelegantly, stuffed. I received a cookbook (included in the fee) which has all the recipes for the entire 5-day course. The recipes are also given on their website. The chefs are knowledgeable and quite funny. The gardens at the school are beautiful.

3  Thank MellowPet