“Some of the best food we tasted in Thailand, made by our own hands!”

Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School
Ranked #3 of 69 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
“Some of the best food we tasted in Thailand, made by our own hands!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife and I visited the Asia Scenic cooking class today for the half-day course.

Has a great time, really enjoyed learning how to make our favourite dishes the traditional way and they tasted amazing - especially Paneang curry and papaya salad. We will try them all again at home. Also enjoyed the visit to the market beforehand and the tour of the herb garden. Our instructor, A, was entertaining and very knowledgeable, suggesting alternatives we could use if we can't find ingredients at home. You even get a useful cookbook to take home with decent instructions and pictures.

Highly recommended!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What an amazing experience - So fun!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My partner and myself decided to go with the 3-4 hr half day cooking class, as time constraints did not allow for the full day farm visit cooking class. We booked the class the night before from a local Travel Booking Guide, including transfers to and from the hotel - was really cheap.
The morning started with a trip to the local market and their vegie garden where we were shown some of the local produce we were to cook with later that morning.
We then went to the kitchen, located in the city of Chiang Mai, cooked up some amazing spring rolls, papaya salad, hot basil stir fry, penang and green curries - there was quite a bit to choose from - the food we cooked was AMAZING!!!! I suggest you go on an empty stomach as you wont leave hungry!
Our teacher 'Ae' was so comical and made the cooking class so much fun for everyone. His english was fantastic and made a real effort to communicate and have a laugh with all in the class, as were our guides that took us to the market and vegie garden they too were very fun, chatty locals! They give you a great cook book at the end of the class to go home with. I would highly recommend anyone, even if you not interested in cooking to go take a visit to asia Scenic. Thanks 'Ae' and team!

1 Thank Nathy B
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“My Fiance didn't even know how to boil water, yet he cooked Thai food!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

What a enjoyable, informative and memerable experience. We met people from all around the world, shared stories, and cooked great food. Our instructor was Mam and she was such a gem! Always smiling, bringing such ease and comfort to the group. Her knowledge and excitement about the food and ingredients was profound. My fiance cooked! It's still hard to believe. I owe it to Mam, our fellow chefs and especially Gayray. Gayray is the owner and she is wonderful! We booked at the last minute and she was inviting and excited to have us. Her passion for her business shines through and can't wait to take our kids one day to Asia Scenic. P.S. - The cookbook is great, The first thing I did when I got home was cook some authentic Thai. My fiance is next to take out the wok.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Booked in last minute and glad we did. Was a fantasic time. Mam was our instructor, she was great. Very entertaining and knew her stuff. We did a half day class and was the perfect amount of food. Highly recommend.

Singapore
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“receipe is too simplified and food did not taste that good”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I took a frieed to Chiang Mai in March. It was his first visit to Thailand. For someone who like eating Thaifood, cooking shool is a good idea to get to know the cuisine better. I have taken many Thai cooking class, so I have to compare with many other schools. Like many other schools, Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School starts with market toor, showing vegetables and hearve in their own garden. Compared to other schools, their recipe and ingredients are very simplified. We agreed to make curry, stir fry and soup. Seasoning is too simplified so that everything tastes the same. For curry, it does not take enough time to make paste, so it is not smooth. Khaw Soi did not have even proper toppings and tasted very bland. If you are a serious cook, I do not recommend this one.

7 Thank SingaporeQueue