“Fantastic time!”

US$ 119.32*
and up
Chiang Mai Rainforest Canopy Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight of the Gibbon is Asia's top zipline and nature adventure experience. "Fly" from 33 platforms deep within the pristine, 1,500-year old rainforest. After a short hike into the scenic rainforest, our friendly Sky Rangers safely lead you through an experience of a lifetime. Sky bridges and steep descents from ancient trees connect 7 km of ziplines. Discover firsthand the beauty of the rainforest ecosystem and experience flying with our namesake gibbons. Flight of the Gibbon is a leader in rainforest restoration and primate rehabilitation projects in the area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic time!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Me and my partner aren't too keen on heights but we booked it anyway for the fun and was it worth it! We loved every minute felt safe the entire time hardly even noticed we were so high up it was great, the guides were great made everything so fun and so so safe!!
I would recommend even though it says to take a jacket and long pants if you go in jan anyway then don't we wore shorts and singlets and we were just the right temperature it gets pretty warm up there and there's a few times you have to do a bit of a walk between stations and if I were wearing a jacket then I would've been very hot.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great fun!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This is a must do especially for people like me and my husband. We both have minor problems with heights and not to well trained either. Our guides were great and made our journey very memorable. Lots of screaming and laughters and we felt well taken care of and safe.
We booked our trip through the hotel and paid at the arrival in the jungles. For that price we even got a t-shirt as a memory. A little bit more expensive than the travel agencies on the streets. But trust me you will get much better tour via the hotels for almost the same price.

Visited April 2011
Sao Paulo, SP
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good surprise”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were not doing this activity in the first place, since I had already done it in my home country and initially thought it would not be a good way to spend our little time (4 days) in Chiang Mai. But we decided to go for it in the last minute and it was really a good surprise. We zipped for enough time and it was very fun. I thought everything was very safe. The guides seemed to know what they were doing and spoke enough English. After the zipping we were offered free water and got back to the FOTG office to have lunch (included in the price, except beverages). The food was delicious and they kept asking if we wanted more chicken, more vegetables, more rice. After lunch, we went to a waterfall, which was ok but not impressive since it was the dry season. This activity was very nice, I would recommend it and do it again. 2 downsides: not enough lockers for everybody (I had to leave my backpack in their office without any protection, but everything was there when we got back); the driver got in advance to our hotel and complained that he had to wait for us to finish our breakfast (definitely not nice and impolite).

Visited January 2012
“Very professionally run with safety a priority, lots of fun and good value (no hidden charges, etc)”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Lots of fun. Staff obviously very well trained with process and safety a clear priority. My adrenalin fix was still more than satisfied (and that takes a bit to do).

All equipment, platforms and lines were of high quality and seemed to be kept in a very well maintained state.

Big focus on interacting with the environment without damaging it.

The meal (large and tasty), accompanied by local musicians and tshirt at the end (all included with the ticket) was an added bonus.

And no, I don't work for them, just had a really good day.

Hong Kong, China
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“A Great Experience --Truly Unique”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is not a "tour" per se, it is a wonderful and unique experience. It was really neat to be up in the treetops, and flying from place to place on a zipline was incredible. (I have a bit of fear of heights, and so I was apprehensive about this -- until I did the first flight! The first one starts from a low hill, so you get the hang of it without looking down right away.) Later, the trips get more interesting......longer, faster, flying in couples......and I finally chose to do one in what the guide called "Mission Impossible" style -- hooked on my back and looking down the whole way. WOW what adrenaline!! (BTW I am into my sixth decade of life, so I'm no young sprite. There was nothing on this trip that that was much of a physical challenge, other than overcoming my own fears!)

This experience is a bit pricey, but in the end I thought it was well worth it.

Oh, BTW some of the earlier reviews complained about temporary toilets, but by my visit they had finished the repairs and the toilets were clean, fresh, modern and totally functional.