All reviewsdeluxe pool viewold citymid range hotelkoi pondreception staffmarketfi
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Do not be fooled by the picture's to this hotel! I would never stay here again! Location is great but customer service is HORRIBLE! Our package included breakfast and on my day I found a live roach in my food. I pointed it out to the staff of which seemed unfazed by it. They did not remove the food that was contained. At this point I decided to have toast and the butter which was on ice and was covered in bugs as well. I pointed this out to a staff member and she said "these are not harmful bugs" fablergasted at their response I just grabed jelly to put on my crackers. When I get back to my table and cut into the jelly, a bunch of sugar ants came out of the jelly. I ended up going back up to my room to retrieve a bag of chips for breakfast. Our minbar was never restocked for 2 days In a row after we specifically asked to be. Same towels folded and put back up! I finally asked for manager to complain and she did visit us personally to our room. I spoke with her and the front desk and they did apologize and comped us on several things! They tried to correct the issue but at that point I was over it... I would NOT stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juan C
Jenjira C, Manager at Eurana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Ms Juan

After reading your comments, I would like to apologize to you again for your dissatisfaction about the service experience you have received at our hotel.

Once again, I am the manager that went up to your room to explain about the situation and apologize with compensation to you on several things.

To explain in more detail, what you have found in the dish was not a roach but a small fruit fly which came from our trees outside the breakfast room. During breakfast time, we leave the door open to allow the fresh and clean natural air to come in, and this is the reason why the fruit fly came in.

After taking this case into careful consideration, we found that this process does not work out, so we now keep the doors shut at all times with the air conditioner on. This results in no fruit flies coming in.

Unfortunately, our staff only moved your dish away and said sorry but did not move the whole food tray that the food was from and also told you that the fruit fly was not harmful. Since this staff is new to our hotel, I have trained her more to understand that while the fruit fly is not harmful to us, it does need to be kept away from food to ensure it is not ingested. So, she must pay more attention to detail and take this issue more seriously in the future.

I have found out that your towels were folded and put back up because the card in your toilet room was missing. This card tells.."If guests wish for us to change their towels, please put the towels on the floor" which mean't our housekeeping team misunderstood regarding the towels needing to be changed. This was one of our mistakes caused by wrong communication, and we have discussed ensuring how this does not happen in future.

Above all, each of the comments which you have shared with us are essential feedback to allow us to improve our service. I am very much thankful for you taking the time to share this information. Last but not least, we take all of your comments as a serious matter, and will ensure these issues refrain from happening again to any other guests in the future

We are very sad to hear that you will not stay with us again and if there is anything that we can compensate you on your feelings, please do let us know.

Once again, we truly apologize for the issues.

Pilaslak C.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Yes, as people pointed out here, the old building is a bit of a dump. Our room was in need of repair and the beds were old and unstable.
The new building is nicer, but still electric sockets were broken, the aircon was very noisy and it needed some attention.
Be careful in the lobby, it is mosquito city - even at 10am you can get bitten badly. Its all the plant pots that look nice but breed the critters.
Its an OK hotel in a nice area, but only that.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenjira C, Public Relations Manager at Eurana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking time to send us a review of your stay at Eurana Hotel. We are continually looking to improve any areas that we, or our guests may see as less than satisfactory. This includes the continual repairs and refreshment of rooms, and the furniture held within. The air conditioning units are regularly checked and cleaned, so we are confident that any such error with the unit has now been resolved as part of our routine check.

We thank you for making us aware of some of the areas in need of repair.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

The pictures are very misleading. From the outside the hotel looks cute and quaint, but we must have been placed in the "older" wing as our room was extremely dingy. There were footprints on the ceiling from people stomping mosquitoes, dead bloody mosquitoes on the walls and in the bathroom -- which is in need of some serious updates with the heater placed literally inside the shower with you on the wall beside the shower head. Our phone was dead and we asked them to fix it... they said they would while we were out for the day... returned to it still dead. The pool was mediocre. Holes in the lining and places that felt like there was no concrete underneath. The one nice thing was the staff seemed friendly and helpful, and the location was also good, close to markets and shops. We didn't request to switch rooms as we were only there to sleep, but for $25 CAD a night... it's exactly what you pay for. I wouldn't recommend booking at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenjira C, Manager at Eurana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for staying with Eurana. We are pleased to read your comments about our staff and ideal location within Chiang Mai. We are concerned to read about some of the areas which you were disappointed with, and as always will use the points addressed within your review to better our facilities and service which we deliver to our customers.

We take cleanliness very seriously, and are sorry to read that the cleaning within your room was less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, we were not able to fix the phone as promised while you were out for the day. The fault was repaired following your check-out, but we apoligise that we were not able to repair the item during your time away from the room.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

If you are going to book here then try and get a room in the newer wing, overlooking the pool. These rooms are more modern and better looked after.
We didn't have one of these rooms.
Our room was in the older wing and has mould on the showerhead and tiles, the plug sockets were loose as was much of the laminate flooring. (Management if you respond please don't just say you'll look into it-actually do something about it as many other reviews have already mentioned it)
The day-to-day cleaning was done well and staff were pleasant if not entirely helpful. Location was good.
Overall i believed there are better options in the same price range in Chiang Mai.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Eurana as your accommodation during your visit to Chiang Mai. We understand the importance of producing a friendly atmosphere here at Eurana, so are thankful to receive your positive comments about our staff. We are sorry to hear about some of the issues which affected your room. All feedback received directly and via reviews is always passed to the relevant department. In this case, our housekeeping and maintenance teams have been made aware of the particular issues mentioned, and will take the necessary action towards the cleaning of the showerhead & floortiles and refitting/replacement of the flooring and sockets.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

A very nice hotel with good location, friendly staff and a small but beautiful garden. About 10 mins walk from the old city wall.
The bathroom might be clean but you can't tell as it is outdated and needs refurbishment.
We booked two deluxe pool view rooms and they were spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Jenjira C, Manager at Eurana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Annie,

Thank you for staying with Eurana Boutique Hotel. It's pleasing for us to read that our team members were friendly, and the location of our hotel was useful for your time in Chiang Mai. Thanks also for your feedback regarding our facilities, as we are consistently reviewing the furniture and other facilities for any refurbishment update requirements.

We are also pleased to read that your room provided a comfortable stay during your time here.

Kind Regards