“Best Ethiopian Food in Thailand!”

Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #1,913 of 12,208 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This has been one of the highlights of our stay in Thailand. The service was very good. The waitress literally got a chair for us to put our bags on. The food was excellent and it was honestly better than the ethiopian food I had while in I lived in Ethiopia for 2 months. The restaurant is located close to the train station which is a plus. We were very happy and we felt welcomed here. The staff at the restaurant provided us with a lovely traditional coffee ceremony. The restaurant also has air conditioning which is very much needed in Thailand. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that visits Bangkok!

1  Thank Orlin H

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My experience with Ethiopian food, Enjoyed every bit of what I ate. They have a good vegetarian options, the way food was served, the coffee everything was so traditional most important the warmth of the people was the high point great staff. So lovely people. For once go visit and try the food.

1  Thank ahadubkk
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My wife (who is Habesha) and I had been searching for Ethiopian-Eritrean food in SEAsia for a while before we moved to Chiang Mai and then stumbled upon this place on a trip down to Bangkok. She is a harsher judge of Habesha food than I am, but we both agree Taye and his team make ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC DISHES, especially the veg and meat combos!! The quality of the food and the warmth of the hospitality are second to none in making you feel welcomed and at home. The staff even went to the extra effort of helping me securely package a range of dishes for my takeaway order so I could take it back with me on the plane to Chiang Mai. Can't recommend more highly and we will be eating there every time we're in Bangkok!

2  Thank RemKin
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I was delighted to find this place alive and kicking three years since I visited last. The food is very authentic (you would feel like you're eating in a restaurant in any random city in Ethiopia...literally.) There is another Ethiopian restaurant on the same street, so make sure you go to the second one (check the name/sign to be sure.) The owner, Taye, is a very gentle and humble soul. They have fantastic Ethiopian coffee as well for those of you coffeeholics :) I guess expats/tourists have discovered this place already because I noticed a lot of westerners during my three visits this time. Need I say more? Authentic fresh food, friendly people, and good times!

3  Thank S T
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I LOVE Ethiopian food and I can't get it where I live right now. I ordered over the phone (in English) and had the veg combo. I asked about the injera and YES they fly it in from Ethiopia (the only way to get the best w a nice sour taste). I was in heaven, so very good. Service and food top rates. Thank you guys there!

1  Thank SHAWNALEEP